Real World Feedback For XP Deus 2 In Water

Hi Guys

can anyone provide a real world, non-sponsored view on the XP deus 2 and bone phones - mainly for the beach and more importantly for the water/dive.    I have a long experience with the excals, ATX, CTX and various other detectors - tried the original XP a long while ago and moved on quickly.  Minelab have been so slow on a 'CTX replacement' - so the D2 11" needs some investigation.

For those with the XP D2 machine - are you still happy - or wished you waited for the new minelab CTX 4040!  (one can dream??)

Thoughts appreciated before spending the $

OBN??

Dale

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dmnz said:

Hi Guys

can anyone provide a real world, non-sponsored view on the XP deus 2 and bone phones - mainly for the beach and more importantly for the water/dive.    I have a long experience with the excals, ATX, CTX and various other detectors - tried the original XP a long while ago and moved on quickly.  Minelab have been so slow on a 'CTX replacement' - so the D2 11" needs some investigation.

For those with the XP D2 machine - are you still happy - or wished you waited for the new minelab CTX 4040!  (one can dream??)

Thoughts appreciated before spending the $

OBN??

Dale

this is about where Im sitting--is there more to this machine for us salt hunters than the Beach Sensitive mode?  Can the Dive mode be made to perform? Fast digital and salt waves don't mix unless someone can tell me otherwise.  If someone tells me that this is not true I'll have one so fast...

cjc

13 hours ago, Dmnz said:

can anyone provide a real world, non-sponsored view on the XP deus 2 and bone phones - mainly for the beach and more importantly for the water/dive.

Dale, there has been lots of reviews and talk out. Below is my testing done in comparison to the Equinox and my overall review for salt hunting. 

I will stand by all of my testing that the Equinox and Deus2 are tied at best on a wet salt beach, and if you're running the Equinox in horseshoe mode it gets the nod to identify deep nonferrous targets. I did no diving.

But I did do moving water wave wash testing. The Deus2 was much better with moving salt water than the Equinox. The Equinox is not even close. 

Since my reviews, I have purchased a Deus2 with 9" coil to dedicate to moving salt wash. I will not be back on my machines until mid-July. I think if you are going to dedicate the Deus2 to water contact it might be the best choice for the machine. Of course, I do not have a Youtube channel.   Dave

Deus 2 Beach Testing - Metal Detector Advice & Comparisons - DetectorProspector.com

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/18421-deus-2-review-for-salt-beach-hunters/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I also think the Deus 2 is great in the water, I routinely dunk it in the brackish water here now. I agree with Midalake that it is equal to the Equinox especially in the dry sand, and I use the 10x5 on the Equinox. Frankly regardless of claims I would not dunk it!

I wonder if @Erik Oostra would venture a go at his experience diving with the Deus 2. He has a lot of experience with it.

I recently did mention how much I like the bone phones, but I am not diving with them. For me it is situational awareness.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Real World Feedback For XP Deus 2 In Water

I know Carter Pennington had a issue diving with it in Saltwater a month ago and has not used it since.  I was out with a couple D2 hunters a few weeks ago, we were going to try and get some testing/comparing in but being the first hunt of the year everyone took off into the (brackish) water, not to be seen till the end of the hunt, which was about 2 hours. The one D2 hunter did say he ran the beach sens mode, and he hunted chest deep, said the machine was chatty. Also said the shaft with the 11 inch was kind of flimsy The other hunter (D2 9 inch) stayed shallow and was fine.. knee deep and wetsand.

I'm on the fence about getting one, seeing to many little issues, than the batteries. So I'm on hold and waiting to see a good compare between me and my friends on targets. I know for sure they can smoke me the trashy areas.. out deeper where depth is important. Time will tell for me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Glad you got the headphones working right  and the D2 is a keeper !

The boat ride sounds like I wish I was there ...my Cap moved 800miles south and the rat actually took his boat with him arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh !

• Like 1

On my beaches in Long Island Sound the D2 is definitely deeper than the Nox on wet sand. I've gotten 7 gold rings using the 11" coil and one gold chain. My D2 is now paid for based upon melt value (I did this in less than 2 months). These two months were one of my best months back-to-back I every had AND I did not hunt as often as I use to.  Of those rings, 5 IMO were out of range of the Nox's 11" coil. I did not do side by side comparisons but I have score over 60 gold rings with the Nox so I know where my limits are on the Nox on my beaches.  Also I want to say, I've dug my deepest penny, dime, nickel and quarter, and silver coins in the wet sand compared to the Nox and at times nearly as deep as my AQ.

In the water, I am very skeptical. I don't have enough time to come to a conclusion. Dive mode doesn't seem as deep and Beach mode is chatty. As the water warms this summer I'll have a better feel.

• Like 6