Real World Feedback For XP Deus 2 In Water

18 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

The boat ride sounds like I wish I was there ...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/14/2022 at 11:00 PM, CCadrin said:

Also I want to say, I've dug my deepest penny, dime, nickel and quarter, and silver coins in the wet sand compared to the Nox and at times nearly as deep as my AQ.

In the water, I am very skeptical. I don't have enough time to come to a conclusion. Dive mode doesn't seem as deep and Beach mode is chatty. As the water warms this summer I'll have a better feel.

From air test the AQ is weak on silver coins? Seems gold and nickels are it's stronger point, for me.

20220604_014313.jpg

Would love to see a test that I could believe. So much BS and smoke has been spread and blown that I believe none of it. What I do know is the EMI is horrible in my area. I refuse to subject myself to that sort of punishment until it is remedied.

• Like 1

Can't really comment on the EMI as I was underwater the whole time 🙂   Wonder if the noise cancel / or freq shift would help out above?

I will give it a decent test today, they (D2) are fairly hard to come by in NZ (No stock at moment) - so if the trial ends badly will move it on to a coin hunter.  

I was only interested in the dive ability really.   The unit does seem pretty waterproof, and the dive headphones are decent.  I like the ability to alter the tones, so they are easily heard over the typical scuba bubbles (will see).

I really hate the YouTube videos that don't give honest info, they seem to pump each machine up, beyond reality.   There should be a 'paid content' disclaimer from some of those guys.

Off for a dive today with the nemo, its a 0.3 tide, but a very pounded (aka, basically empty) beach, hoping for one last target!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

From air test the AQ is weak on silver coins? Seems gold and nickels are it's stronger point, for me.

20220604_014313.jpg

D2 missing the 5gram 14 - or did the D2 not pick it up at depth?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Gwcracker said:

Would love to see a test that I could believe. So much BS and smoke has been spread and blown that I believe none of it. What I do know is the EMI is horrible in my area. I refuse to subject myself to that sort of punishment until it is remedied.

did the freq shift work? or the noise cancel / channel search?

5 hours ago, Dmnz said:

D2 missing the 5gram 14 - or did the D2 not pick it up at depth?

I only had data on silver coins for this test on the D2.. The "air test" was done by one of CB's friends and he did Not test any gold, I was using his test as a standard for the two machines I use (Excal & AQ) ,.... on silver coins. 

I do have two friends with D2's, a 9 and 11 inch coils. It will be interesting to see the results on gold which I should have by the end of the summer, with video. If I were in the market for a water machine I would highly recommend the D2, for the machines I have take to many modifications to match the D2's performance, over all.

• Like 2

Hi all - second hunt, this time fully underwater, again in the hunted out beach.  Just a few coins, pretty deep, and then out in around 3m of water I found two very old bottles / moved them as there was a faint target in dive mode (modded to pitch tones) and a very old 18ct popped out of a crevice!  Nice ring and pretty old. 

I ran the aerial cable through the shaft to tidy that up.  Hate the shaft - it’s horrible; so just need a nice mount for an excal straight shaft with some strength. 

I have the 11 inch coil, starting to think the 9 would be best for diving, but overall, a good day.

Would love to find the connector so can repurpose my equinox grey ghosts…..

Machine was quiet, stable in water.  Bone phones really ‘dig in’ under the dive hood, so ended up wearing two hoods with the bone phones in between.  

more updates to come 

Dale

2D77A3B5-AF07-4E6D-802D-294C2D693922.jpeg

6638E6D7-83CB-4001-9F7B-4A13BA006547.jpeg

2995C292-547F-47EB-9B81-2B44DD912B52.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Oh my! 1