Help Finding Places To Detect

• 2 weeks later...

Good place to start is detect older areas. So round up an old map, say 1920 for example, and hunt existing places that are on the map back then. Try Old Maps Online for general maps

https://www.oldmapsonline.org/en/California#bbox=-124.48200307000002,32.529523530000006,-114.13078163999997,42.009498940000014&q=&date_from=0&date_to=9999&scale_from=&scale_to=

and Sanborn Fire Maps are great for down to the nitty gritty local details

https://www.loc.gov/collections/sanborn-maps/about-this-collection/

• Like 2

I will help ya out man. Take a road trip to Stockton. Look up Victory Park. Hit sidewalk strips in the area. I always hit the dead grass/ dirt ones. It's city property, but don't be silly, and dig someone's flowers, lol.  Don't know what type detector or experience you have, but all the parks within a mile or 2 of the crosstown are good..but trashy, and some are dangerous. If you present yourself like easy prey, don't go to them. Also, all this applies to early morning...wouldn't go past about 9 or so. Good luck

19 hours ago, deathray said:

I will help ya out man. Take a road trip to Stockton. Look up Victory Park. Hit sidewalk strips in the area. I always hit the dead grass/ dirt ones. It's city property, but don't be silly, and dig someone's flowers, lol.  Don't know what type detector or experience you have, but all the parks within a mile or 2 of the crosstown are good..but trashy, and some are dangerous. If you present yourself like easy prey, don't go to them. Also, all this applies to early morning...wouldn't go past about 9 or so. Good luck

I remember a park in the rough part of Stockton some of us used to call, Wino Cap Park.   Many old seated, barbers were pulled out of the ground with rusted bottle caps.   I would never hunt there when dark.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Denny said:

I remember a park in the rough part of Stockton some of us used to call, Wino Cap Park.   Many old seated, barbers were pulled out of the ground with rusted bottle caps.   I would never hunt there when dark.

That's one of the safer parks. Lots of primo barbers, not many seated. I hit that place weekly for years. You can cut a random big plug, and pull coins. I'm hoping someday to see a scrape there.