Nokta Gold Finder 2000 Update

So it has been a year now since the Gold Finder 2000 by Nokta has come out.  The advertising on the box talks it up pretty well and the price point is within most other VLF gold detectors.  What I find interesting is the lack of success posts, photos and or stories.  There is a pretty good Promo on it right now, but maybe that's because sales of said unti are not doing well?  Also, this detector could be region related.  As with the GM-1000, it was never intended for the US, but we wanted "turn on and go".

Maybe it's just a matter of someone asking to see pics of your GF-2000 success so please let us know.

Yes I am a dealer of said product, but I also have my favorites and already know them.  With limited time it's tough to get my hands on all the new detectors coming out and giving them real hands on.  In times past some of the manufactures and their hype was just that...hype. 

Anyone want to shed some light on your experiences (good and bad) of this detector.

Thanks in advance.

Gold Finder 2000 3 (003).jpg

• Like 1

I'd be surprised if anyone on the forum has one. Most people probably don't know it exists. I expect performance would be similar to other Nokta/Makro 61 kHz models like the Gold Kruzer. But mainly I think we have reached the point with dedicated single high frequency nugget hunters that it's all pretty ho hum, same half dozen or the other type stuff. The tech is rather well beat to death now. What I'm more interested in is a multi made 100% for nugget detecting. Look how well the Equinox does on gold as a multipurpose detector, and almost as an accident at that. I can only imagine a Multi-IQ detector made specifically for nugget detecting from the ground up. Or the Nokta version of what they have with Legend, but again, nuggets only. I do think single frequency is in effect obsolete at this point. Not that it does not work, just that the future is elsewhere.

• Like 4

I had it on good authority not to buy one when I asked about buying it.   The person was disappointed with it compared to other options on the market in our conditions here.  I was told just buy one of the more versatile Nokta 61kHz detectors like the Gold Kruzer If I want to buy a Nokta gold prospecting detector, far better value for the money with better performance overall and far more features.

They just wanted a competitor to the Gold Monster making their version of it, you'd be crazy to buy it when the pricing is so similar to the Kruzer.

I'm completely with Steve, I want a designed from the ground up Multi Frequency prospecting machine, we all know that's the future of prospecting VLF's as evident by Multi-IQ.

• Like 5

Also the Gold Kruzer is waterproof.

• Like 4

Well it's hard to know if it is a better value or not until a good select handful of folks get it and put it through the tests.  I figured after a year there would be results from a variety of folks.

I realize it's not what some of us advanced gold hunters want, but at the same time either is the GM-1000.

Hopefully others will chime in and give input (good and bad).

How many have you sold Gerry? People can't report, if nobody has one. Maybe it was made to be marketed someplace else, because there was zero effort to sell it to people here in the U.S. as far as I can tell. It's like they made it, but forgot to tell anyone about it. Make it, and they will come? I like the basic concept though, especially the right/left meter thing. Looks like the GPZ 8000 of my dreams! :smile:

nokta-makro-gold-finder-2000.jpg

• Like 4

Gerry it’s another dealer on here that also a dealer for the same company that I know. He like you has been a Minelab dealer for years and one I know to the bone 🦴. I do know if I want something else other than Minelab I’ve got to ask for it . 
 Don’t you find yourself doing the same thing in they have to ask about another ? I know you are a great guy and you know Minelab won’t let them down so being the great guy you are the first words out of your mouth is Minelab.

Steve asked the big question and that was how many have you sold ?!

Chuck 

• Like 1

You could always buy one and try one Gerry, you're the one hoping to sell it 🙂 At least then you'd know yourself if it's worth pushing onto customers and you'd be able to speak from personal experience when talking to customers about it.

Your hesitations to do so likely match your customers hesitations to buy it too for the same reasons, it makes little sense to buy it.

It might be selling well in the African market where it was likely designed for more than anything, if they've priced it right over there lower than the GM it'd sell well, the GM was a huge success in Africa and it's a very similar detector, Nokta know how to price product in markets to sell well.

This comes from another dealers page which indicates it was designed for Africa more than anything.  Lots of manufacturers seem to be going for the ease of use design philosophy for the African market lately with their models.

gf2000.thumb.jpg.25d003903a109777d6953c59f9f7bfa8.jpg

• Like 1

I have sold very few (less than 10) but at the same time, I am not known as an active Nokta Dealer.  My average detector sale is over $1000 and I really don't make the time for sub $1000 detectors at this stage of my 25+ yr dealership.  Prime example is the Simplex, Legend and AT series Garrett's.  I know they are great products as many people use them, but those are not my nitch.

Yes, I feel as Steve does, the US was left out on the Gold Find 2000.  As many nugget hunters we have in the US and they couldn't find a couple well known nugget hunters to go use their products, make some finds and share their experiences.  Maybe they did and the known nugget hunters had nothing good to say?

No worries as I don't plan on going out of my way for it.  was more just curious if anyone had given it a good run.

• Like 1

I'm surprised they don't give dealers a machine to try and demo?  It's hard to sell something and speak honestly about it without ever using it. 

• Like 4