Nokta Gold Finder 2000 Update

On 6/13/2022 at 9:36 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

I'd be surprised if anyone on the forum has one. Most people probably don't know it exists. I expect performance would be similar to other Nokta/Makro 61 kHz models like the Gold Kruzer. But mainly I think we have reached the point with dedicated single high frequency nugget hunters that it's all pretty ho hum, same half dozen or the other type stuff. The tech is rather well beat to death now. What I'm more interested in is a multi made 100% for nugget detecting. Look how well the Equinox does on gold as a multipurpose detector, and almost as an accident at that. I can only imagine a Multi-IQ detector made specifically for nugget detecting from the ground up. Or the Nokta version of what they have with Legend, but again, nuggets only. I do think single frequency is in effect obsolete at this point. Not that it does not work, just that the future is elsewhere.

Well I am a new owner of one after I succumbed to many hours of Gerry's high pressures sales pitch and electronic thumbscrews!!! 🤣

Seriously-- i have done the Monster in WA~~~~~~~ and i gave it to the Taskmaster--

I love to test them out----

I will take the F19 over with me too,,,, although the 5000 is my go to --it is the first PI i finally connected with and feel confident in. 

In those super trashy areas I want to see how these two detectors do there.

Now all i have to do is get there-- the "Blame it on Covid excuse" popped up again when i talked with immi about my Australian Visa--

( i thought i would have it by now-- my last 3 only took a week) what an easy way to explain away incompetence.

Never the less i will be there when i get there-- now off to cancel flights and rearrange ...

Its all good--- at least I have another detector to either have fun with or throw underneath the backhoe as she goes by... hahahahahahaha

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

• 5 months later...

I have a Demo model that I was hoping to take to California with me earlier in the year.  I was going to hit the Redding area on the way down and the Mojave Desert after the Pomona California GPAA Gold Show.  The show got moved to July so the trip got canceled.  I don't want to be in either place in July!

I'm thinking about reaching out to Ray Mills and seeing if he wants to go on a hunt so I can test it (possibly in January).  I almost thought about letting him try it for a while and giving it a review.

Next year I will be going to Eastern Oregon and the Mill City Nevada area.  That should give it a good run!

• Like 1