Campground Hunt Pt.2 - Water Hunt Not An Option

Funny this comes up now.

I've been looking for a dry suit like OBN uses.........

I spotted a 5mm  wetsuit at the 2nd hand shop yesterday, looked like it might fit too.

$10 , so guess what happened ? 😁

It's a sleeveless and no boots or gloves , so was thinking while I was looking for booties I might look at what they have for weights at my go to dive shop. Not expecting anything close to thrift store prices but they do have used gear sometimes. Guess it would be pretty easy to improvise something..........

Now , about being in deep enough that you can't bend over. Probably hit all the shallower spots first ! 😏  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

Funny this comes up now.

I've been looking for a dry suit like OBN uses.........

I spotted a 5mm  wetsuit at the 2nd hand shop yesterday, looked like it might fit too.

$10 , so guess what happened ? 😁

It's a sleeveless and no boots or gloves , so was thinking while I was looking for booties I might look at what they have for weights at my go to dive shop. Not expecting anything close to thrift store prices but they do have used gear sometimes. Guess it would be pretty easy to improvise something..........

Now , about being in deep enough that you can't bend over. Probably hit all the shallower spots first ! 😏  

I have heavy waders, but can only use them in the winter/spring. Too hot for them now. Still wouldn't help, the water pressure neck deep crushes your feet pressing the boots down, and again they're less than chest height they'd fill up. Neck height water is a whole 'nother animal. 🤬 I have a 6' pole on my scoop, everyone asked why but if you go in chest deep you need it. It floats on its own. 😀

Yeah I've been looking for a longer handle too.

I'm using a D handle one off a grain shovel I have. Its about three feet with the scoop.

But I'm 5'4"  so everything 5' or more ,,,Imma gonna need to bring my mask and snorkel . (I wonder if anyone has ever tried doing this on stilts ?)🤔

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, geof_junk said:

the only draw back is the metal in the shoes and Helmet. 

Please use a longer handle.

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

If you dig the sinkers first you won't need a weight belt 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4