Coiltek Goldhawk Is Impressive On My Gpx-6000

Go on Gerry, give the detail, how'd they miss such a big shallow target?  I can see the rock there, might have something to do with it?

I love the size/shape of that coil, perfect for around here.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

Go on Gerry, give the detail, how'd they miss such a big shallow target?  I can see the rock there, might have something to do with it?

I love the size/shape of that coil, perfect for around here.

The big rock, the clump of grass and that nugget near them at approx 6" depth.  If a nugget that size was in the open we all know it would have been found.  If a chunk of gold that size was right near the surface we might expect the outer edge of a coil to respond, but not at 6".  The bigger coils don't respond as well on deeper targets right up against and near rocks/stumps etc.

Or just maybe they did not swing the coil over it?  I doubt that since we pulled near 40 targets in just a few hrs.  All found with the new size GOLDHAWK coils.

You do the same thing with the smaller coil on your GPZ-7000, but at a much greater cost.

Be sure to get one Simon as I feel it will be the best investment on your GPX-6000.  Heck you folks might even get them before we do here in the USA.  The smaller 9" round is dandy as well, but I feel the narrow 10" Ellip takes the cake.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Be sure to get one Simon as I feel it will be the best investment on your GPX-6000.  Heck you folks might even get them before we do here in the USA.  The smaller 9" round is dandy as well, but I feel the narrow 10" Ellip takes the cake.

Thanks Gerry, yep, I've already discussed buying it with my dealer, we probably will get them first.   I intend to get one of each of the brands to work out which I prefer using.

Yup, I know exactly what you mean about smaller coils finding stuff up against rocks and things that bigger coils easily miss with their field of detection more concentrated nearer to the target.

It might be too early for you to know but did you find it better in EMI than the 11"?  I would hope so being smaller but It'd be good to hear that it is better.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, phrunt said:

It might be too early for you to know but did you find it better in EMI than the 11"?  I would hope so being smaller but It'd be good to hear that it is better.

Anything that would shut the darn thing up some would be nice...

strick

• Like 3

This guy marketing the Coiltek coils inadvertently captured exactly what I've been saying with the GPX 6000.  It screams on small targets close to the coil yet they can completely disappear in your dig out pile as the signal rapidly drops off with some depth.  All the other prior digs in the video you just see the recovered target with him saying it was "insert inches here" deep but its obvious the way he digs the holes were likely much deeper than the nuggets actually were and in this case he decided to film a dig from the start rather than just showing a big hole and a little bit of gold, the reason for it is he dug a hole far deeper than the gold was and piled the soil on top of the nugget then he scans over his dig out pile and the nugget has disappeared so he flattens it out to find it.  The nugget was actually near the surface which is why it was at the bottom of his dug out dirt.  I linked the video to start at the right place to see what I mean.

I am planning on getting the 10x5" Coiltek though and I think although it's hard to know the Coiltek coils seemed to run a little more stable on the detector based off that video and I'm sure in my milder soils the results will be more impressive to me than that video was.  I'm actually really looking forward to getting one of these smaller coils for it, the 10x5" seems the pick of the bunch for me from Coiltek.

• Like 3

He obviously hasnt been detecting for terribly long, the way he leaves the cable unsecured at the coil end is asking for coax failure, so typical of recent Coiltek coils (Elite series). Yes, he over-digs quite a few.... Yeah Ive noticed a heap of 'good' signals recently that vanish after digging. I should carry a bucket with me and collect all the dirt from these 'vanishing' signals...pan it all off, just to be sure lol.  Think I'll wait for the NF 12x7 and 8x6 before I buy an aftermarket coil.....or wait for the 6000 adapter info to be released by X-coils. If that happens, there will be a heap of experimentation with older GPX coils going on.....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Aureous said:

He obviously hasnt been detecting for terribly long, the way he leaves the cable unsecured at the coil end is asking for coax failure, so typical of recent Coiltek coils (Elite series). Yes, he over-digs quite a few.... Yeah Ive noticed a heap of 'good' signals recently that vanish after digging. I should carry a bucket with me and collect all the dirt from these 'vanishing' signals...pan it all off, just to be sure lol.  Think I'll wait for the NF 12x7 and 8x6 before I buy an aftermarket coil.....or wait for the 6000 adapter info to be released by X-coils. If that happens, there will be a heap of experimentation with older GPX coils going on.....

X-Coils aren’t chasing the 6000 going by previous reports.

2 minutes ago, Sheppo said:

X-Coils aren’t chasing the 6000 going by previous reports.

I thought so too, but Simon showed me otherwise. Supposedly the adapter info is going to be offered to the GPZ adapter guy here in Australia to make em up....sometime, maybe, hopefully.