Coiltek Goldhawk Is Impressive On My Gpx-6000

Towards the end of the video he finds some smaller bits that were reasonably impressive on size alone more so than his depths.  On the other bits I'd get double of triple the depth he's finding them at even with his bigger dig holes just with the standard coil and without over digging my holes 🙂 Many times it's impossible to over dig holes here as we have quite shallow bedrock and that's where the gold sits so you know the actual depth when you hit the bedrock and then you're getting the gold off the bedrock, or alternatively the gold is in the bedrock and I'm breaking it out so I have a really good idea the depth I can find bits of gold, there is no doubt about depth in those situations.

Yes, they're not intending to make 6000 coils for public sale at the moment, it's just not cost effective to ship them.  Anyway veering off track for a Coiltek thread.

I think judging by the few little nuggets at the end of the video the Coiltek 10x5" seems like a coil I'd like to have.

The guy should really consider taking his watch and ring off when detecting though 🙂

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, phrunt said:

The guy should really consider taking his watch and ring off when detecting though

Yes, another clear newby mistake. One which he makes dozens of times in his past videos.....

1 hour ago, Aureous said:

He obviously hasnt been detecting for terribly long, the way he leaves the cable unsecured at the coil end is asking for coax failure, so typical of recent Coiltek coils (Elite series). Yes, he over-digs quite a few.... Yeah Ive noticed a heap of 'good' signals recently that vanish after digging. I should carry a bucket with me and collect all the dirt from these 'vanishing' signals...pan it all off, just to be sure lol.  Think I'll wait for the NF 12x7 and 8x6 before I buy an aftermarket coil.....or wait for the 6000 adapter info to be released by X-coils. If that happens, there will be a heap of experimentation with older GPX coils going on.....

These are pre-production coils with very shorts leads.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GR Guy said:

I just put two and two together, they're your videos 🙂  Thanks for taking the time to do them, all videos with information are appreciated.

In response to previous comments, you have to realise that the area has plenty of shot and other rubbish. To take a full stable video also requires a solid platform like a tree which aren’t always available where the gold is. As there was a lot of surface trash none of the holes were overdug and are very indicative of the depth of the target given the think mulch coverage in areas. I haven’t had an issue with ghosting targets when dug.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GR Guy said:

A stuff up that catastrophic must only be due to the internal extra wiring to hook up the chip.... it would over-spec the inductance and resistance values. Cut the lead ridiculously short to bring back the numbers. Perhaps they shouldn't have let you video them for promo purposes. Anyway, looks like the sensitivity is still solid, especially so with the smaller 2 coils. 

GR Guy.  Do you have the info to put a list together of gold size vs depth for each coil you used?  We all know that smaller coils are gonna lose depth but I would just like to know how much people are experiencing. I really could use a smaller coil but it isn’t going to be much use if the depth is not there either. Too much loam in my areas! 🤣

On 6/14/2022 at 3:47 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

The 10" Ellip MONO GOLDHAWK coil is lighter so I can hunt for longer periods of time.  It's more compact and allows for hunting in tougher terrain and up against boulders and tree roots where nugget like to hide.  It's greater sensitivity to smaller bits, certain specimens and or highly collectible wire gold.

So you can detect for 16 hours instead of 12 now? The thing is already super light! 😄 I wouldn't mind getting one myself but I got a house to build first so no toys for me. 😐  Glad to see you finding some gold Gerry!

• Like 1

The only way I have been able to keep the GPX-6000 from making extra background EMI noise is using the headphones and doing Frequency Adjust more often.  This detector does not run as smooth as some of the older Minelabs, but it also finds more gold.  Guess there's always a trade off.

As for lose of depth on bigger gold when compared to a stock coil?  The 10" Ellip will lose a little on the larger gold but those are the rarest of nuggets.  It actually gains a little on smaller gold.

The 9" round might be the happy medium for those who want smaller coil for rougher terrain but still great depth.

• Like 3