Coiltek Goldhawk Is Impressive On My Gpx-6000

The way I see it is the 6000 is sensitive enough to small gold with the 11" coil, you really don't need more small gold sensitivity than the 11" coil gives.  The GPZ was not sensitive enough with small gold which is why it greatly benefited from small coils turning it into an entirely different detector.

With the 6000 being already great on the small gold with the 11" there are two reasons I wanted a smaller coil for it, obviously the key one being to get the coil into places an 11" coil is just too big and awkward and the other one is giving the 6000 some more depth on the smaller bits as that's where it's a bit lacking at the moment compared to the GPZ and small coil. 

If by putting a 10x5" or another brands smaller coil on it I can get some extra depth on those smaller bits I'll be happy.  This would normally be the case the smaller the coil the more depth on small gold so I'm hoping that holds true also for the 6000. 

What I do know already is the 17" coil on the 6000 is nowhere near as deep on small gold as the 11" and this is from actual in field finds that JW and I did side by side comparison on, this bodes well for the 10x5" being deeper than the 11" on the really small bits.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, afreakofnature said:

GR Guy.  Do you have the info to put a list together of gold size vs depth for each coil you used?  We all know that smaller coils are gonna lose depth but I would just like to know how much people are experiencing. I really could use a smaller coil but it isn’t going to be much use if the depth is not there either. Too much loam in my areas! 🤣

I don’t have that list but as Gerry said the 9” packs a punch for those who prefer round coils

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Coiltek said:

Prototype and pre-production coils dont always get the exact same parts as the production and there are reasons as to why the cable is shorter for a couple coils in this circumstance. This shortening of the cable has no affect on inductance values, resistance maybe 0.01%. Essentially no performance change whatsoever and not a 'stuff up' as you have commented.

Fair call Trevor, but to allow coils that are not 100% to be used for video promo is not a good idea. Certainly makes everyone wonder if either the user is doing something wrong or the manufacture is wrong. How soon will CT be focusing on DD coils for the 6000? The old Platypus size/design would be ideal I reckon....I'd buy one :biggrin:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

I'd most certainly be a buyer.  I'll be sure to get a small DD somehow.

Hear, hear. The 6000 deserves a smaller, more manageable, DD in the line up. It’s salt and EMI cancel modes are largely ignored with the unwieldy 14”. 

• Like 3

Just amazing the amount of sensitivity and depth the 6000 can achieve with different coil sizes on the tiny gold. Would be really good to see them going through there paces on some of the red nasty variable mineralised soils Victoria is known for, there must be huge amounts of small gold laying in those nasty noisy areas if that’s the results on the quieter more homogenous ground. 😊 

JP

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lunk said:

As evidenced by this thread, the demand for a small DD coil appears to be high; I would certainly purchase one, and I know other operators who would too. So Trevor, hopefully soon you can change your post above to read, “GOLDHAWK DD coils coming soon!”

Completely agree. Actually, I would have preferred a 12 inch DD in the box, not a 14 one. But for sure a smaller DD would be the best selling after market 6k coil. I am actually surprised that neither NF nor Coiltek seem to have it on top of their list (unless I am mistaken). Some technical issues perhaps?

GC

• Like 5