Coiltek Goldhawk Is Impressive On My Gpx-6000

19 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

Completely agree. Actually, I would have preferred a 12 inch DD in the box, not a 14 one. But for sure a smaller DD would be the best selling after market 6k coil. I am actually surprised that neither NF nor Coiltek seem to have it on top of their list (unless I am mistaken). Some technical issues perhaps?

GC

I'd say history was the reason, how many people wanted to use the DD on the older GPX series?   I just went straight to aftermarket mono's with my GPX.  I'd ordered the Coiltek 10x5" Joey before my GPX even arrived 🙂

The DD's vastly improve the 6000's EMI handling though, and the 14" DD was a real surprise with how sensitive it is on the small gold.

A bit of market research will show the manufacturers DD's would be in high demand for the 6000.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

The DD's vastly improve the 6000's EMI handling though

Not just EMI.  I have never had the delight of really dealing with bad 'conductive ground' until recently in W.A (report and pics when I get a chance).  Wee-waa on every swing of the 17" coil and although it was usable, it was not pleasant.  Lifting the coil up to waist height it squealed with displeasure.   Tried the 11" coil and it improved and I remember people talking about a smaller coil dealing with conductive ground better as it isn't swamped but the signal (I think that is correct?).  

Thought I would try the 14" in Conductive Ground Cancel mode and hey presto! it was silent with regard to the wee-waa's.  Still picked up the hot rocks, gold, etc, but made it much more pleasant to use. 

Have pretty much no interest in the 6 monos from the aftermarket guys at this stage as the 11" and the 17" cover my mono needs well.  However, a Sadie sized/shaped, or slightly larger, DD would be top of the purchase list for me.  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Jonathan Porter said:

Just amazing the amount of sensitivity and depth the 6000 can achieve with different coil sizes on the tiny gold. Would be really good to see them going through there paces on some of the red nasty variable mineralised soils Victoria is known for, there must be huge amounts of small gold laying in those nasty noisy areas if that’s the results on the quieter more homogenous ground. 😊 

JP

JP,

That video was on a pretty quiet bit of tertiary ground. There are a videos coming from Inglewood/Wedderburn with the coils.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

Completely agree. Actually, I would have preferred a 12 inch DD in the box, not a 14 one. But for sure a smaller DD would be the best selling after market 6k coil. I am actually surprised that neither NF nor Coiltek seem to have it on top of their list (unless I am mistaken). Some technical issues perhaps?

Much easier to simply replicate older design monos (although NF have adjusted sizes somewhat) and adapt the ML chip to get $$ in quickly. The resultant funds will assist in the far more tricky DD designs I'm sure. An 11" round DD will not suffice most users I suspect....although it would certainly be a handier option to the 14DD. An 11x8DD (similar size to the orig Platypus coil) would be an ideal size to suit the 6000 I reckon 

• Like 2

Quick live dig on the side of a very noisy reef, hot rock city, with the  Coiltek Goldhawk 14x9. This area has been done to death and I was amazed as some of the crew where this was found. Area can hold a bit of water and can get some falsing but this was clear as day.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, GR Guy said:

Quick live dig on the side of a very noisy reef, hot rock city, with the  Coiltek Goldhawk 14x9. This area has been done to death and I was amazed as some of the crew where this was found. Area can hold a bit of water and can get some falsing but this was clear as day.

Interesting signal response as it is REVERSED.  Usually in our US soil and settings, that indicates a larger or more dense chunk of gold.  I'm guessing you are running DIFFICULT Ground type timing?  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

GC

Yes, a 12” DD would have been preferable to the 14”, or an 11” if using the existing housing made it easier. I think I could use a small DD even more than a small mono, as the 11” round mono does suit me pretty well for most of my detecting.

• Like 5

Because of the way the 6000 is set up there will never be the same or similar depth when using a DD coil compared to the GPX11 Mono, this is because there is no actual traditional DD Tx/Rx mode on the 6000 only modes similar to the old Cancel and Mono modes on the 5000.

Both modes are designed to removed either EMI (with a little salt reduction) or Salt (with a little EMI reduction). As it is the standard GPX14 DD coil has incredible sensitivity to tiny near to coil targets (reasonable depth too if you care to listen for them) so any smaller DD will light up incredibly on tiny surface gold especially with Salt and EMI removed, the mind boggles actually. 🤯😎

JP

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Interesting signal response as it is REVERSED.  Usually in our US soil and settings, that indicates a larger or more dense chunk of gold.  I'm guessing you are running DIFFICULT Ground type timing?  Thanks for sharing.

Gerry - that’s correct. I got a pretty similar response over a 18g late last year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GR Guy said:

Gerry - that’s correct. I got a pretty similar response over a 18g late last year.

You should video and put on YouTube that nugget going over the coil in an air test at various depths, it'll be interesting to see what happens.  Unfortunately once you got it out of the soil it never went near the coil, it's a very unusual thing to happen with the inverted signal.

• Like 1