Coiltek Goldhawk Is Impressive On My Gpx-6000

Thanks Gerry, I ended up ordering the 14x9" Goldhawk as I've now also ordered the two smaller coils from the "other" Aussie brand and I'll get some of the X's too given time.  That should just about cover all bases.  I just preferred the other Aussie sizes in the end, I really wanted a 10x5" but then I decided I'd prefer smallest available coil for the most small gold sensitivity and then getting a 10x5" seemed too close in size so I went with the other brands slightly larger size instead of the 10x5" and their smallest size too 🙂 It's really great having a good range of coil sizes to choose from right off the bat this time.  The other Aussie brands coils are more expensive though so the Coiltek's are certainly the better priced coils.  The 14x9" is costing me less than the smallest size in the other Aussie brand.

I always liked the 14x9" size on my 4500, good ground coverage and decent sensitivity on them but that was obviously spiral/flat wound coils, this time around with the 6000 it doesn't seem that is the case so I'm hoping the extra sensitivity the hardware of the 6000 provides makes up for the coils being bundle wound, it certainly will on the smallest sizes, not sure about the 14x9" though.

• Like 1

Because I prospect amongst tall grass, I often resort to following wild horse trails (brumbies) to virgin patch hunt, with very little side to side movement of the coil in the swing (linear detecting). In this application the ellipticals shine for obvious reasons but I`ve always found round coils, as Gerry has illustrated, give better depth for coil weight, thus if your not pushing your coil into tight spaces, between rocks or clumps of grass the rounds shine unless your chasing more coverage and not more depth.

• Like 7

• 1 year later...
On 2022/6/27 at AM8点41分, phrunt said:

谢谢 Gerry,我最终订购了 14x9" Goldhawk,因为我现在还从“其他”澳大利亚品牌订购了两个较小的线圈,并且给定时间我也会得到一些 X 的线圈。这应该几乎涵盖了所有底座。最后我只是更喜欢其他澳大利亚尺寸,我真的想要一个 10x5",但后来我决定我更喜欢最小的可用线圈,以获得最小的金灵敏度,然后获得 10x5" 似乎尺寸太接近,所以我选择了其他品牌的尺寸稍大,而不是 10x5",它们的尺寸也是最小的🙂这次有多种线圈尺寸可供选择,真是太棒了。其他澳大利亚品牌的线圈价格更高,因此 Coiltek 的线圈肯定是价格更优惠的。 14x9" 的价格比其他澳大利亚品牌中最小尺寸的要便宜。

我一直喜欢 4500 上的 14x9" 尺寸,良好的地面覆盖率和不错的灵敏度,但这显然是螺旋/平绕线圈,这次 6000 似乎并非如此,所以我希望6000 的硬件提供的额外灵敏度弥补了捆绑缠绕的线圈,它肯定会在最小尺寸上,但不确定 14x9"。

Hi how you feel about 14x9 coil now?

57 minutes ago, Ethan in Adelaide said:

Hi how you feel about 14x9 coil now?

I haven't used it since, I've just got too many coils and detectors and not enough time in the gold fields to use them all 🙂 I use the ones I think will find me the most gold on the given day and with small gold being the most common the 14x9" doesn't suit my area as well as the 10x5", although I may have the wrong mindset and be missing the deeper bits by doing so, but I just like going home with something in my gold bottle and the 10x5" is more likely to do that for me 🙂

On 2/8/2024 at 9:37 AM, phrunt said:

I haven't used it since, I've just got too many coils and detectors and not enough time in the gold fields to use them all 🙂 I use the ones I think will find me the most gold on the given day and with small gold being the most common the 14x9" doesn't suit my area as well as the 10x5", although I may have the wrong mindset and be missing the deeper bits by doing so, but I just like going home with something in my gold bottle and the 10x5" is more likely to do that for me 🙂

Thanks. I wonder why 12x7 is more popular than 14x9?

47 minutes ago, Ethan in Adelaide said:

Thanks. I wonder why 12x7 is more popular than 14x9?

More sensitive to smaller gold.

1 minute ago, Ethan in Adelaide said:

is 14x9 the similar quieter than 11 stock coil just like 12x9 does?

14x9" is more stable than the stock 11" coil.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I like the 10x5 that I purchased from Gerry a lot but I sold my 14x9 (bought it used from the DP classifieds). The 14x9  is a very sensitive coil for small stuff and depth, but I didn’t end up keeping it because it just felt heavy, especially compared with the other Aussie brand‘s similarly sized larger elliptical coil (which I really like for its light weight and sensitivity).  The 10x5 is a very good coil though and I am thrilled with it- sensitive, light weight, and its size makes it able to cover closely around rocks and trash, and under bushes.

• Like 1

The 10x5" is my favourite coil on the GPX 6000 as I do tend to find mostly smaller gold although perhaps if I stuck with the 11" I may find more deeper bigger stuff 😛

It's followed by the stock 11", the 11" disadvantage is it's a bit more of a noisy coil but deeper than the 10x5", 12x9, and 14x9" as the gold increases in size.  The 10x5" is more sensitive than the 12x7", a noticeable amount too, the 14x9" of course is less sensitive than both being larger.  It's all relative to size, no big surprises.   The 14x9" is deeper than the smaller coils as you would expect.    The biggest surprise is how good the 11" is on tiny gold for the size of it, they really did a good job of the stock 11" coil in that regard.

As someone that's used a bucket load of coils you can get a pretty good feel how a coil will be before even getting it.

Coiltek seem remarkably good at making 10x5" coils, for the GPX and Equinox they've made really good 10x5" coils.

• Like 1