New To The Forum

Newby

Hello all.  My brother is giving me his older metal detector.  It is a White's MXT e series.  Is this a good metal detector?

Is it specifically good for prospecting certain types of coins? jewelry? I live on the coast and was planning to hobby

prospect for valuables along the beach. Your opinion would be appreciated.

• Like 3

Newby, welcome to the forum and I do believe that you will have several good people that will be able to answer your questions soon.

There is a section for Whites with a lot of resources for you to learn more about your detector, and should have several bits of information that are useful to you.

Just be patient and I am sure that your questions will be answered.

Whites are always a good detector and yours has been around for a while.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Newby said:

Hello all.  My brother is giving me his older metal detector.  It is a White's MXT e series.  Is this a good metal detector?

Is it specifically good for prospecting certain types of coins? jewelry? I live on the coast and was planning to hobby

prospect for valuables along the beach. Your opinion would be appreciated.

Hello Newby and welcome to the forum. To me the White's MXT e-series is one of the best detectors, hands down. It never gave me the feeling to left something behind depending on the classic knobs and switches as they always let you know what the detectors power is. And it has a really wide selection of search coils, even 3rd party. The only disadvantage is wet saltwater beaches. But other than that you're fine and have a great starter.

Good Luck & Happy Hunting ... and don't forget the most important.. have fun.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to New To The Forum

The MXT is one of the very first true "do it all" metal detectors, good for almost anything you want to do. Like locator says, the only weak area is salt beach, and it still is not half bad at that. Pretty much anything you need to know about the machine can be found at the link below.

• Like 3

Welcome aboard Newby !..

Seems our fearless leader likes your MXT !  Follow that link.

Check in on the White's forum often and ask any questions you have as they pop up..

Lots to learn on ALL the forums here. You couldn't have found a better place to get detecting knowledge....👍

• Like 3

Thanks for all for answering my question.  Obviously I will enjoy learning as I start using the detector.  I

haven't received it yet but with the link provided I will get a good head start in using the device.

Thanks again.

• Like 3

Thanks again for the advise.  I noticed in the pictures you included in your attachment that there is supposed to

be some kind of arm attachment, which mine does not have. I called my brother but he is out of the country on

business.  Since Whites has closed did someone buy their assets, inventory, etc.  I'll have to find a arm rest

if I am going to use it for more than a few minutes.  Thanks again.

On 6/22/2022 at 8:16 AM, rvpopeye said:

Garrett 

Thanks for the information.  I have contacted them and the west coast office indicates they may have one and will look for it.

I also received a email with a link to a compatible arm rest as well.

• Like 1