Second Golden "86"

cdv

1 hour ago, cdv said:

I'll have to admit, since the first gold ring that came in as an 86-87 on the screen, I have dug and joked about it every time I dug a zinc penny signal.. Well, last night expecting a tink tink tink in the scoop after seeing yet another solid 86, I got a clank clank clank when shaking the scoop. 7.3 grams of 14k rose gold. My guess is about 200-300 pennies in that span but melt value alone on the 2 rings makes it worth it, in my opinion. Especially when signals are slow to come by.

Cliff

PXL_20220616_125028527.thumb.jpg.b01abac49f230ef36f776f61bb1c9051.jpg

Dang Cliff, really nice. I wonder if you know who will lay down his Tarsacci? 😁

Since I saw your first report I have actively sought out the 86 in the hopes that I too could share in the bounty. Unfortunately all my 86's (and 82's, 83's, etc.) have been worth the zinc they are made out of. 

I'm not giving up hope!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Carolina said:

Dang Cliff, really nice. I wonder if you know who will lay down his Tarsacci? 😁

If I'm thinking of the same person, it took him 3 years to finally try/buy the CTX.... 

Personally, I haven't had my Tarsacci out since buying the D2 but I won't sell it. 

Cliff

1 hour ago, cdv said:

If I'm thinking of the same person, it took him 3 years to finally try/buy the CTX.... 

Personally, I haven't had my Tarsacci out since buying the D2 but I won't sell it. 

Cliff

Yes the same guy and the same for me and my Tarsacci , have not used it since the Deus arrived but will keep it for now and the same for another friend of mine who can’t lay the Excal. down. Anyway very nice ring.

• Like 1