Detech Concentric 18

I am thinking of buying the detech 18 concentric coil for myself 5000 especially for relic hunting but I would like to know if this coil would also go for nugget hunting.  If there is someone who is using it for that purpose, I would appreciate it if you could inform me how it performs?

Screenshot_2022-06-16-20-17-41-537_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

• Like 1

Very good coil for prospecting in open areas, no rocks or forest. Sensitivity/depth is increased on gold in the range of .5gm to 5 grams generally. No idea on its usefullness for coins/relics.

• Like 2

Luis: Had one on my 5000. Runs iron reject like a DD so useful for relics in that respect.

Very stable coil with good depth as Aureous has stated.

• Like 3

These coils are very cool. Very light for the size, they cut down on ground noise and EMI like a DD coil, yet they give a sharp signal like a mono coil. On the 5000 I found I could run Normal or Sens Extra in ground where I had to use Fine Gold with a Mono coil. The later camo ones come with both the spoke skid plate and a closed one. DD and Mono on the coil switch also gives you different performance characteristics. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your answers.  most likely to buy it.  It is quite cheap compared to other brands and its weight also convinces me.  weighs less than a kilo.  15 inch detech spiral rips my shoulder

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhaseTech said:

These coils are very cool. Very light for the size, they cut down on ground noise and EMI like a DD coil, yet they give a sharp signal like a mono coil. On the 5000 I found I could run Normal or Sens Extra in ground where I had to use Fine Gold with a Mono coil. The later camo ones come with both the spoke skid plate and a closed one. DD and Mono on the coil switch also gives you different performance characteristics. 

Convinced me too 🙂 Should have known, it seems the share many of the GPZ Concentric characteristics.

I'm betting it's better in EMI too?

They're certainly a good price. 

http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/detech-18-concentric-coil/

They might make a really good beach coil too.

I've only got so many purchases I can get past the boss at a time and a few other coils are necessary at the moment but would you be willing to ship one of these babies to NZ at some point in the near future Nenad?

Simon here is cheaper.  I don't know how much the shipping costs will be to New Zealand but to Spain it is free the price is with shipping.  250 euros 

https://www.thrace-detectors.com/detech-18-concentric-search-coil-with-discrimination-minelab-sd-gp-gpx-detectors.html?search=Minelab gpx&description=true

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Luis said:

Simon here is cheaper.  I don't know how much the shipping costs will be to New Zealand but to Spain it is free the price is with shipping.  250 euros 

https://www.thrace-detectors.com/detech-18-concentric-search-coil-with-discrimination-minelab-sd-gp-gpx-detectors.html?search=Minelab gpx&description=true

Yep, $423 AUD for the coil and $31.60 AUD for shipping.  I bought my Detech Arrow from them, they use quick shipping too.  Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, phrunt said:

I've only got so many purchases I can get past the boss at a time and a few other coils are necessary at the moment but would you be willing to ship one of these babies to NZ at some point in the near future Nenad?

You should be prodding your Russistani friends to get their 6000 coils online Simon....their well known skills with PI concentrics should produce better sizes and options. 

• Like 4

I've taken a bit of a renewed liking the to my GPX 5000 at the moment, it's threshold is music to my ears after listening to the death metal rock concert the GPX 6000 produces and now it's winter the beaches are devoid of people and prime for the picking.  Our beaches don't have all that much junk other than the targets like bottle tops and pull tabs that I'd be digging anyway with a VLF if I was chasing rings so using a PI on the beach here isn't such a bad idea for the superior depth and beaches being easy digging,   I've walked over 200 meters up and down a beach a few times in the second biggest city in the South Island and the spot was only a few km's from the city center and not hit one target at all, the beaches are just not covered in trash like some places so a GPX is a good choice of detector.

it's about the only reason I have a small regret of getting rid of my QED, it was a decent light weight beach PI that could use GPX coils.  This is why this Detech Concentric seems worth the investment, it's only one decent not even good ring find to pay for itself.  We also have a lot of black sand beaches and more mineralisation on the beaches than we do on land in most cases even the beaches around here without going to the west coast's near pure black sand beaches are more tricky to deal with for a detector than the gold areas nearby so using the GPX makes a lot of sense.

This 18"  Detech is much cheaper to buy from Bulgaria which is cool, even though it's got a long ride to get here it's significantly cheaper and being so light for it's size should make a decent beach coil.

• Like 4