Detech Concentric 18

Simon, the Detech concentric coil is good on the beaches but only with the GPX5000 Salt Gold timing. On the Salt Course timing of the 4500 you just can't null out the salt signal. This is true also for many mono coils. You can get it to work with a few setting tweaks, but a Salt/AI coil or a DD coil in Cancel mode will run dead silent. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I finally decided to buy it.  Now we will have to wait for the temperatures to drop a little to be able to try it

IMG_20220717_110538.jpg

• Like 2

Let us know what you think of it once you've got some miles on it!

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

Let us know what you think of it once you've got some miles on it!

I will.  but I haven't taken it out of the box yet.  The heat wave is not over yet.  Right now it's 9:30 p.m. and the temperature is 43 degrees Celsius.

• Oh my! 6

• 3 weeks later...

The heat wave has finally given us a break and I took the opportunity to test the detech cc 18 coil today. I was using it with extra sensitivity and a 20 euro cent coin catches it perfectly at a depth of 40 cm.  in both mono and double d.  and to say that the discrimination mode also works in mono mode (we all know what the discrimination of a pulse is like).  I got the same small wires that I got using the commander 11 double d and that I didn't get with the detech spiral of 15, in this aspect the spiral is superior but it is also quite a bit heavier.  quite stable and super light for its size.  definitely a real killer for coins.  In short, very happy with the purchase.  It remains to be seen how it behaves against gold nuggets but I imagine that it has to work quite well too

• Like 2