Coiltek 10x5, Minelab 6" Choice Q

dsb

Well I just purchase one and so far I'm very pleased.  One thing I noticed was it seems to be less prone to EMI than the stock 11" coil but more test will be needed to confirm that.  After talking to Tinfoil I was advised this coil would be a good choice for the Equinox in trash.  One interesting thought from him, "most of the good targets are in the trashy areas since no one wants to hunt the trash".   Well actually he is right, I found a nice gold ring mixed with pull tabs and trash a few years ago with the F19.  Another interesting tip he had to mention was, "always listen to the target carefully before digging and looking at the screen".

Took it out hunting yesterday and I can say I was surprised when I started digging 10" beer pull tabs.   I'm extremely pleased with this coil and in my opinion, at my sites it is preferred over the 6" coil. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Doc Bach said:

Rich at Colonial Metal Detectors .Com has the NOX 6 inch coils in stock $179.00 no sales tax and usually ships free but no international shipping.

I'll need to try Colonial next time since I paid $209 At Big Boys.

2 hours ago, NAGANT said:

Switched gears again!   Found a barely used 5x10 coiltek online and bought it.  Wont see it for a few days. 

You'll be impressed. You may not take it off. 👍

• Like 6

On 6/21/2022 at 6:45 PM, F350Platinum said:

You'll be impressed. You may not take it off. 👍

+1 on that! The Nox and the 10x5 coil is a killer combo!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

+1 on that! The Nox and the 10x5 coil is a killer combo!

Can't emphasize it more. I even use it on the beach. Some don't get the fact that the lighter weight and only slightly less swing length makes for faster coverage than the 11", better separation, and almost equal depth. I can't say enough good about that combination. There even seems to be a "field" extending past the width and length. If I hear a mid tone when sweeping fast, I stop and investigate, always turns out to be something just beyond my swing.

Think about it, if you're swinging an 11" or 15" coil, you have to go slower. I bet I can cover the same ground in the same amount of time with far less effort.

Bold claim I'm sure, but I don't bother with the 11" anymore, and if depth is a problem I really don't want to dig craters so I don't care. 🙂 My beach time is limited so I want the most retrieval.

• Like 3

Went to a local park yesterday and had a great time.  This coil is awesome.  Turn it down and get close to the large metal support rods and still find the small stuff.  Some of these small items were of extreme difficulty locating since the pin pointer could find easily. 

20220623_132156.jpg

• Like 7

On 6/24/2022 at 5:00 PM, Mark Gillespie said:

Went to a local park yesterday and had a great time.  This coil is awesome.  Turn it down and get close to the large metal support rods and still find the small stuff.  Some of these small items were of extreme difficulty locating since the pin pointer could find easily. 

20220623_132156.jpg

Way to go with the 10x5. Did you notice any real loss of coverage or depth? It's great to be able to swing it under park benches and closer to tot lot structures. Learn the structure ID and you will find objects right next to it. 👍

• Like 2

The 10x5 stays on my equinox.  I love it. Does anyone know a US source for a replacement coil cover Mine came off in a river and got away from me. 

3 hours ago, Dug said:

The 10x5 stays on my equinox.  I love it. Does anyone know a US source for a replacement coil cover Mine came off in a river and got away from me. 

Try Gerry's detectors.com He seems to be plugged in pretty well with Coiltek and is a contributor on this forum.