Gpx-6000 1 Year Anniversary. Is It The King?

Re the aftermarket coils, here's  a good video-view of what the NF 12x7 looks like in the field, take a look at this video:

NF 12x7

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

All I can say is WOW, what a rotten video.  He finds some bits of gold and some pellets that he didn't even need to dig for, sitting on the surface basically, he could have dug any of the targets in that video with one scoop of a teaspoon and he's carrying on how great it is.  Come on, that's just embarrassing.   Hopefully a proper video comes out for it to correct the damage this one has done in my head on this coil. His first target especially the pellet had a very poor signal response I thought, he was running in manual 1 though, a setting I'd never be using.  Maybe I'm just jealous I can't wander around picking gold up off the surface.  I think if you're going to show a coil off you'd want to dig for the nuggets, old digger Dave could have went out for the day without even taking his pick, he didn't need to dig a thing 🙂

I hope that coils a lot better than the video shows it, as it's the first on my list. 

• Haha 2

Hmmm, good stable threshold so close to Bendigo in the heart of Victoria, suspect would`ve been a million plus detectors gone over those pieces.

• Like 1

Just now, Norvic said:

Hmmm, good stable threshold so close to Bendigo in the heart of Victoria, would`ve been a million plus detectors gone over those pieces.

so why would they miss them, surface gold, reasonable size? makes no sense.

I am a Qlder not a Victorian thus think your question would be better answered by a local so i`ll leave it for one, although I did spend a few months in the Whipsticks area back in 98, in short to appreciate our varying goldfield ground Phrunt you would have to experience it.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Norvic said:

I am a Qlder not a Victorian thus think your question would be better answered by a local so i`ll leave it for one, although I did spend a few months in the Whipsticks area back in 98, in short to appreciate our varying goldfield ground Phrunt you would have to experience it.

yea, it's gotta be the crazy ground, I find videos like that hard to find impressive, but maybe to a local it is.

Not real crazy ground in the Whipsticks from my memory, just it being on the outskirts of Bendigo a pretty large inland town for OZ, good stable signal without any obvious EMI. I found it was the same throughout the OZ fields I prospected in, varying from crazy to benign. Good sample vid of the King fitted with a NF coil for me.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

so why would they miss them, surface gold, reasonable size? makes no sense.

Its actually quite amazing the amount of small shallow gold that should've been heard by everyone, but wasn't. Only the 6000 appears to be able to sense they're even there. Same goes for the multitude of lead shot. There's obviously a lot more small  gold around that has poor conductivity than we thought. Even today I got 3 bits that were on the surface where I had gridded previously with 3 other detectors. Its a head scratcher......

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Norvic said:

Hmmm, good stable threshold so close to Bendigo in the heart of Victoria, suspect would`ve been a million plus detectors gone over those pieces.

That spot is the Eastern slope of Lightning Hill, heading down to Peter the Great Gully. An absolute heap of small gold has come from there, and a few bigguns. Yes, lots of EMI..... the gully is quieter than the Hill though.

• Like 1