Gpx-6000 1 Year Anniversary. Is It The King?

Actually not hard to do GC, hack saw, PVC pipe and ends from hardware store, the SDC CB is very easy to remove and fix, is rugged as, no soldering or alterations to stop one putting back into original case, batteries are just RC LiPo readily available. Another advantage is more stable threshold, I believe the voltage supplied is much more stable and does not depend on the tolerance of the voltage regulator to regulate, not because of lithium batteries used but because there is no longer spring loaded battery connections.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Norvic said:

Actually not hard to do GC, hack saw, PVC pipe and ends from hardware store, the SDC CB is very easy to remove and fix, is rugged as, no soldering or alterations to stop one putting back into original case, batteries are just RC LiPo readily available. Another advantage is more stable threshold, I believe the voltage supplied is much more stable and does not depend on the tolerance of the voltage regulator to regulate, not because of lithium batteries used but because there is no longer spring loaded battery connections.

Thanks, Norvic. You amaze me. And you really want to get rid of it? I always get so attached to my good old detectors with all the memories I have with them. And in your case, this would be especially emotional to part from such a beauty 🙂

GC

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

And you really want to get rid of it? I always get so attached to my good old detectors with all the memories I have with them.

Yeah mate, would have to have another building to house all my detectors if I`d kept them all, have the Z & X coils, GM1000 (use as pointer when swinging big coils), EQ800 and 6K currently and as I`m not using the SDC time someone else did. Note my 6Ks 11" is getting a wee bump sensitive, a glued on PC skid plate seemed to stop it for a month or so but looks like my early lottery win has timed out.

• Sad 2
  • Oh my! 3

8 minutes ago, Norvic said:

Note my 6Ks 11" is getting a wee bump sensitive, a glued on PC skid plate seemed to stop it for a month or so but looks like my early lottery win has timed out.

Oh no.....

I thought it was going to be an exclusive club but its looking like Minelab have opened membership for everyone!

• Haha 1

If technical issues with the 6k would indeed be a systemic and wide spread problem (note the word if) then I don't see how they could possibly release any more detector models anytime soon. Obviously, some major issues in quality control and manufacturing would need to be addressed first. Mine has no issue thus far however, but I surely acknowledge all the problems reported here. This brings back the king question to my mind....

GC 

• Like 3

Seem to recall (my recall systems on old fart RAM too!!!) was told initially it was an exclusive club  and they`d look after us ..... to give us early adoptees a proper run to clean up before the masses strike but looks like there`s a use by date😉 Its usable still and gets that heavy stuff but the Zs onboard still.

• Like 1

Now... now... cuz you`d be chasing ya first if it wasn`t for a ML but ya right they had a rep of near perfection, halos slipped a bit maybe they`ll compensate us users by ditching those chips. 🤬

• Like 6

Just now, Norvic said:

compensate us users by ditching those chips. 

Fair deal!!😁

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gold Catcher said:

Fair deal!!😁

Bloody oath mate.