Gpx-6000 1 Year Anniversary. Is It The King?

yes, that's something I wasn't factoring in as I've not had it but I can imagine the effects on a workforce and it causing inconsistency in build quality for the man made and assembled parts of the detector.  I'm not sure how things go in Malaysia and if people would fake they don't have it to go to work if they needed the money and don't get enough sick leave time or something or go back to work too early at least and with this brain fog I've heard people talk about anything could happen.

The paint was just a demonstration of something that is so simple that could explain inconsistencies quite easily, there are likely others too.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

yes, that's something I wasn't factoring in as I've not had it but I can imagine the effects on a workforce and it causing inconsistency in build quality for the man made and assembled parts of the detector.  I'm not sure how things go in Malaysia and if people would fake they don't have it to go to work if they needed the money and don't get enough sick leave time or something or go back to work too early at least and with this brain fog I've heard people talk about anything could happen.

The paint was just a demonstration of something that is so simple that could explain inconsistencies quite easily, there are likely others too.

You know dang well they don’t get Sick Leave and definitely need the money to support their families.  Most people in the world do.  But for cheap labor it all pays the same no mater what comes off the line.  

Knowing this Minelab could change where and how their products are produced but my guess is with cheap production with offset of warranty replacements, they still making money hand over fist.  It would not surprise me if the warranty period drops on newer products.  Similar to what new cars have done over the years.

Now that being said.  I love my GPX6k!  It has found the most and biggest gold yet for me!  Knock on wood, no problems yet, except a squeaky shaft which gets annoying every time you swing.  Ironically my buddies 6 came out of the same box (they come in twos) and his headphones won’t charge and his handle started to come loose.

• Thanks 1

I thought I'd drop the question into Professor Google and see if they do get sick leave.  It appears to me they're not as primitive as some might believe and possibly better conditions than in the US?  

Sick Leave

The number of PAID sick days in Malaysia also depends on the duration of employment. Thus, those employees whose illness doesn’t require hospitalization are entitled to:

• 14 days per year if employed for 1-2 years,
  • 18 days per year if employed 2-5 years,
  • 22 days per year if employed longer than 5 years.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, phrunt said:

I thought I'd drop the question into Professor Google and see if they do get sick leave.  It appears to me they're not as primitive as some might believe and possibly better conditions than in the US?  

Sick Leave

The number of PAID sick days in Malaysia also depends on the duration of employment. Thus, those employees whose illness doesn’t require hospitalization are entitled to:

• 14 days per year if employed for 1-2 years,
  • 18 days per year if employed 2-5 years,
  • 22 days per year if employed longer than 5 years.

Shoot...I may move to Malaysia!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I got Covid three months ago and still not back to where I was before, but getting there.

• Like 6
  • Oh my! 2

On 7/14/2022 at 3:36 PM, Jonathan Porter said:

Next person who tells me it’s just the effing FLU is going to get a JP style ground balancing!!! 😡 

Yeah all the people that are like “oh I probably already had it but just didn’t know,” I am like, “No, no you didn’t.  You can tell yourself that though to make yourself feel better” 🤣🤣🤣

On 7/15/2022 at 7:36 AM, Jonathan Porter said:

Caught the damn thing end of May and am still not right (triple vaxxed), cough lasted for ages, but the two biggest things are the damn brain fog (no joke) and fatigue which are still ongoing! Just got back from a prospecting trip away and the first 3 days were hell till I learned to pace myself.

I have never in my life had to stand on a mild hillside and recover my strength to walk back to the buggy with only a mildly elevated heart rate (90 or so BPM, but felt like 200!!!!). Start of the day things were fine but soon learnt to keep the heart rate down, but boy oh boy after an easy going 5 hours detecting the walk back was a chore!! I improved after 5 or 6 days but still have to be careful!!

Next person who tells me it’s just the effing FLU is going to get a JP style ground balancing!!! 😡 

It is serious bloody business. I got it in March 2020, right at the start. For months after, I couldn't walk up a flight of stairs without needing to stop for a breath. I'm not some super-fit athlete but I'm young and in good shape. Very humbling to get knocked about like that from a bug.

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

7 hours ago, BrokeInBendigo said:

It is serious bloody business. I got it in March 2020, right at the start. For months after, I couldn't walk up a flight of stairs without needing to stop for a breath. I'm not some super-fit athlete but I'm young and in good shape. Very humbling to get knocked about like that from a bug.

Same mate, I got it in April 2020 for the 1st time and I suffered from Post Viral Fatigue syndrome for over 2 months. Could barely walk in a straight line, just a stumble to the toilet felt like a marathon! Couldn't string more than 3 words together either. Ive caught it at least once more (after 2 vaccinations) and the fatigue came back for about a week. But since then, its been a monthly improvement, waiting for my 4th jab next month. Im still not the same though, something is gone..... my brain is nowhere near as fast, I break out in sweats at the smallest effort.....plus I have the strangest desire to hang upside down and jump off the roof at night flapping my arms... :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2