Some Silver With The Legend

Some Silver with the Legend There are guys up here who specialize in hunting in the woods. They find a ton of silver by doing detailed research and knowing what to look for in the forest. I spotted some old trees beside a river and decided to give it a try. The Legend is just a superb detector for this kind of hunting because of how much audio information it gives you. It’s also very smooth in the junk–even in All Metal. I ran in “Field” mode, Low Weighting (M1) and 6 Tones audio. Where you have a lot of too big targets (wire, big foils, tins…) its important to listen to the signal tone. I was able to hear those responses that were too big–even in discriminate. Checking these in Pinpoint mode told me which ones were too wide and flat to be of interest. When using a machine with segmented audio (6 Tones for example) it’s important to be able to tell which high responses are coin sized and which are too big. Other targets were transitioning from high to mid tones–not what I was after. A few larger food package type foils told me that I was in an old picnic area. I got a clean high tone that read up in the low “50”s”. It was narrow in Pinpoint and checked on the cross sweep–bingo–silver ring. Now this might not be such a great find in open park ground but the Legend let me zero in in this high potential target in the middle of the woods, in an area full of big foils, cans, beer and screwcaps. This is a very well made and well thought out detector. Can’t wait to see what the next upgrade will do. cjc

IMG_4679X.jpg

• Like 8

I've run a Racer, Impact Kruzer and Anfibio and with each of these I was impressed by the in iron processing and overall audio.  Now with the Legend you are adding the "lock on" ability that multi frequency gives you.  This is a big deal and some of my tests in areas with a lot of iron have been surprising.  The machine pulls up good targets while pushing the iron and other low rejects out.  Where you have a lot of caps, the ones that have any extension in the tone are those with  lot of aluminum--the Heineken Corona etc.   This shows how exact the machine is in making the ferrous / non-ferrous determination.  It will be interesting to see what an Bias control will do for this accuracy.  

cjc

• Like 4

Thanks for the helpful observations.

• Like 1