First The Bone-phones And Now The Headphones.. More Deus II Failures..

2 minutes ago, Carolina said:

guess you did not read my post.

Sorry Carolina, I misread that those head phones could be used with the WS6, which would be no good to me as it's stopped working..  

1 minute ago, Erik Oostra said:

Sorry Carolina, I misread that those head phones could be used with the WS6, which would be no good to me as it's stopped working..  

10/4. When you get a replacement I would think you would not subject yourself to the back phones again. 

1 hour ago, Erik Oostra said:

I misread that those head phones could be used with the WS6, which would be no good to me as it's stopped working..  

To heck with this cheap recharging crap.

I am simply getting a jumper cable made to run my favorite QUALITY headphones. 

I am not sure why anyone would buy any of those cheap non-Db rated headphones to put the puck on. [for beach hunting] 

I can tell you how many failures I had with my Equinox wireless in 4 years. Zip, Zero, Nada. Because I was connected directly to the pod with a jumper cable! 

• Like 3

I am not to fond of my WS6 phones either,  found that I have to pull my ears through the gap between the ear pad and stem to make it even bearable. I have trouble charging my WS6 with the supplied 3 way cable, the part that plugs in the module is much shorter and just falls out while attempting to charge them. Going by the book I have to use the single cable to charge the WS6 module, but the annoyance with that is I now have to use 2 chargers if I want to charge them all together unless I wait for the coil and RC to finish first then swap out the cable.

Just these little things that they pay no attention to detail with is really annoying, especially considering the premium price tag. Getting a little off topic but I have also noticed the coil cover is paper thin and very flimsy its nothing like the older Deus skid plate.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Erik Oostra said:

That's what mine did.. first it refused to power up with the detector and I'd have to start it manually.. Now it won't start manually anymore.. I'm using the bone-phones on the beach for now but does anyone other than XP make wireless headphones for the Deus II? Or even wired head phones that'll plug into the control box?..    

I think Tony Eisenhower makes his wired waterproof headphones with a D2 connector option but I don't have the info to get in touch with him. Maybe one of the other diver/beach hunters can help out with that.

• Like 1

Sorry to see more issues, but the good is.. that 5 year warranty of the D2. And I do hope Deus is learning from all of the post.

Sad is, Minelab's has Not, I'm still seeing Excalibur cables rotting after a few years, and several of the other issues that plague them, than the Noxs..broken ears of the coils and IP rating of the control head of the Nox..  

• Like 4

14 hours ago, unox said:

I am not to fond of my WS6 phones either,  found that I have to pull my ears through the gap between the ear pad and stem to make it even bearable. I have trouble charging my WS6 with the supplied 3 way cable, the part that plugs in the module is much shorter and just falls out while attempting to charge them. Going by the book I have to use the single cable to charge the WS6 module, but the annoyance with that is I now have to use 2 chargers if I want to charge them all together unless I wait for the coil and RC to finish first then swap out the cable.

Just these little things that they pay no attention to detail with is really annoying, especially considering the premium price tag. Getting a little off topic but I have also noticed the coil cover is paper thin and very flimsy its nothing like the older Deus skid plate.

I count myself so lucky not to have all the issues with my Deus ll. I have owned an 8 bank charger for years and years as many detectors from Minelab I own and others, did not supply one cable with several dongles for phones, and machines so no problem. I also read the instructions first and never tried to charge the WS6 puck with the three way as the instructions tell you it is for the WS4 & WS5 so forcing it into the puck probably results in damage of sorts. Anyway I’m loving my Deus and thank the good Lord and did as instructed and read the entire manual before I started with the detector. Good luck everybody.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, midalake said:

To heck with this cheap recharging crap.

I am simply getting a jumper cable made to run my favorite QUALITY headphones. 

I am not sure why anyone would buy any of those cheap non-Db rated headphones to put the puck on. [for beach hunting] 

I can tell you how many failures I had with my Equinox wireless in 4 years. Zip, Zero, Nada. Because I was connected directly to the pod with a jumper cable! 

The phones I suggested all have dB ratings and by no means are cheap. One set is rated at 131 dB and that’s pretty damn loud !!! All I have done for 40 + years is salt water hunt. I have just about got it figured out lol. I also have hard wired phones of my choice for the water so until my WSA ll XL phones show up, I’m as happy as a pig in mud. As always good luck everybody.

8 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I think Tony Eisenhower makes his wired waterproof headphones with a D2 connector option but I don't have the info to get in touch with him. Maybe one of the other diver/beach hunters can help out with that.

I have my Black widows [speaker change out]  and 4 jumper cables coming from Tony right now. Hope USPS doesn't lose it! 
Also, Yes Tony does make waterproof headphones that connect to the Deus 2 and from memory -26dB rated. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Carolina said:

The phones I suggested all have dB ratings and by no means are cheap. One set is rated at 131 dB and that’s pretty damn loud !!!

That is not the decibel rating I am talking about. I am referring to the ability of the headphones to keep out EXTERNAL ambient noise. None of the headphones you listed have that ability. 

BTW, a good rating is around -28dB. 

SO IMPORTANT, to keep external noise out while beach hunting! 

• Like 3