First The Bone-phones And Now The Headphones.. More Deus II Failures..

1 hour ago, Carolina said:

o me though, there must be a reason they went to the added expense to provide the single charging cable if there was no issue using the three cable.

51 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

There is a practical and necessary reason for providing the single cable.  The single charging/update cable for the WS6 was provided because they wired up the 3-Way USB A cable connector dedicated data pin to the mult-pin DIN connector for the remote (you don't wire in multiple split parallel data lines because you want to avoid people attempting to hook up two devices at once during updates,

Could it be as simple as: The WS6 is a stand alone detector itself and one may only need that cable then? 
However, the WS6 and coil would need to be charged separately. 

2 hours ago, midalake said:

Could it be as simple as: The WS6 is a stand alone detector itself and one may only need that cable then? 
However, the WS6 and coil would need to be charged separately. 

Deus 1 to Deus 2 progression provided many improvements to XP's flagship detector line. For me, the charging procedure is not one of them.

The Deus 1 WS4 was also a standalone detector but it was dependent on being paired with the Deus 1 remote control for software updating. Now with Deus 2, the WS6 is capable of being a totally independent, updatable standalone detector.

When a person buys a separate WS6, it comes with the single lead cable included.

The Deus 2 being fully waterproof required a change in charging/data port to make it waterproof. 

XP made several business decisions related to that. They added the screw on charging/data connector plug to the 3 way cable instead of just making a new dedicated charging/data cable for the RC. XP could have completely changed the way they charge the other components too, but they decided to keep the 3 way cable with two mini USB plugs, the mini USB receptacles on their other chargeable components along with the awkward coil charging contraptions and also kept the single lead which used to be used to update the Deus 1 RC for updating/charging the WS6.

I wish they had not made those business/unwilling to change the design decisions......but they did.

• Like 5

On 6/20/2022 at 3:16 PM, Carolina said:

guess you did not read my post. All accept the puck. Detecting DooDads, Serious Detecting.

EC49AF22-C369-46D8-ABF5-85470DC9E54B.jpeg

I have 2 of the three. Nice

• Like 1

Thank you all for the brilliant suggestions, but unfortunately the WS6 (puck) has stopped working.. I'm after headphones that'll work without it.. I'm not sure I want to go further down the wireless road even if there were headphones that worked without the WS6 contraption.. I'm even willing to settle for wired headphones that'll plug into the control box.. Being wired to the Deus II won't be a new experience..  

For me the Deus II is a fully wired detector anyway, with its tangly antenna wire and its stiff plastic lead for the bone-phones it's a wired mess compared to the Equinox and its cute little audio thingy with its dedicated headphones which can be used wired or unwired.. Unlike my 'wireless' Deus II this way of doing things has never failed me.. 

I rarely use headphones of any kind but they do occasionally come in handy on windy days or against loud background surf, especially when I'm using the speakers on the Deus II control box which for me are hard to hear on the best of days (even with hearing aids).. Can anyone recommend plug-in headphones?          

13 hours ago, Erik Oostra said:

.. Can anyone recommend plug-in headphones?          

From what I've read on various forums, including here, Tony Eisenhower makes very highly regarded wired underwater headphones for the Nox and Excal, and now the Deus II (no WS6 puck required). He can only be reached though his email:

tony@idigbeaches.com

Get in touch with him and I think he can help you out.

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Erik Oostra said:

Thank you all for the brilliant suggestions, but unfortunately the WS6 (puck) has stopped working.. I'm after headphones that'll work without it.. I'm not sure I want to go further down the wireless road even if there were headphones that worked without the WS6 contraption.. I'm even willing to settle for wired headphones that'll plug into the control box.. Being wired to the Deus II won't be a new experience..  

For me the Deus II is a fully wired detector anyway, with its tangly antenna wire and its stiff plastic lead for the bone-phones it's a wired mess compared to the Equinox and its cute little audio thingy with its dedicated headphones which can be used wired or unwired.. Unlike my 'wireless' Deus II this way of doing things has never failed me.. 

I rarely use headphones of any kind but they do occasionally come in handy on windy days or against loud background surf, especially when I'm using the speakers on the Deus II control box which for me are hard to hear on the best of days (even with hearing aids).. Can anyone recommend plug-in headphones?          

0EAEDE8C-733A-40C4-9EBC-C4CFC9A3BCA1.jpeg

8D478757-E703-43CA-A0EC-27AC2620F650.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1