First The Bone-phones And Now The Headphones.. More Deus II Failures..

Seems my little drama was solved months ago.. If only I'd read this before.. 

• Like 1

Maybe not.. For a $12.90 adapter the shipping costs from the US to Australia are unbelievable! This is through metaldetector.com.. I can't find this adapter in Australia.. Maybe a DIY project? 

Screenshot 2022-06-26 091727.png

• Like 1

Tony makes great headphones finally had a chance to try out the ones for the Deus 2 he built for me on a water hunt today.  Also have a pair for the Nox. He builds them ready to go for water hunting. 

Strick

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Erik Oostra said:

Maybe not.. For a $12.90 adapter the shipping costs from the US to Australia are unbelievable! This is through metaldetector.com.. I can't find this adapter in Australia.. Maybe a DIY project? 

Screenshot 2022-06-26 091727.png

I found the same with USA postage charges. A small drive band 3/8 " and 10 " long that would fit in a matchbox cost more than 6 times the price of the tiny belt.

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

15 hours ago, Erik Oostra said:

I would contact Tony and see how much to ship from Post Office. Tony can make a cable any length you want, so you can keep that 1/8 jack out of the splash zone. Also highest quality connectors. 

• Like 4

I've long been saying USA shipping prices are a joke, those prices are not uncommon when you buy from the USA Erik, it's ridiculous.  There is no way it should cost that much to even ship a large item, something is wrong in the USA with their shipping.  I can order from any other country and get reasonable pricing, just not the USA.  I'm just glad there really isn't anything worth buying that I don't already own made in the USA as I don't want to pay their shipping prices ever again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

I can order from any other country and get reasonable pricing, just not the USA. 

Beats me why none of the Australian XP dealers sell this adaptor.. you'd think it would be a sure-fire seller.. there must be other Deus users in the country who'd like the option of plugging in their favourite headphones..  

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Erik Oostra said:

Beats me why none of the Australian XP dealers sell this adaptor.. you'd think it would be a sure-fire seller.. there must be other Deus users in the country who'd like the option of plugging in their favourite headphones..  

I was surprised too. I checked online yesterday and couldn't find any in Australia. I did find some on Ebay (and ordered one) but they only ship inside the US. I'll keep looking. I thought Detect-Ed would carry them but they don't yet. They do have the carbon fiber (Simplex) lower shafts that fit the D2 though, if you're interested.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Erik Oostra said:

Maybe Detect-Ed or some other Australian XP dealer can order one for you even if they don't list it in their catalogue.

• Like 1