Another Beach Oddity...

This is not jewelry but they were all found in the sand while hunting for jewelry.  In the past 3 months or so I have been digging Kennedy halves on the beach.  I found 3 one time, 2 one time and singles 8 times.  The dates are from 1971-2000.  Anyone else find this odd???

IMG_2020.jpg

• Like 8
  • Confused 2
  • Oh my! 1

I think Jim is onto something there. 👍

Cool finds, should have made a lot of noise!

• Like 2

Were they near Marilyn Monroe's house.

Nice hunting and good luck on your next hunt.

• Haha 4

They seem to have a bit different patina but of a common type so I say it was from a collection that could have been stolen?  But none are silver so ...

Any more guesses?

• Like 1

Certainly odd but like you said "another" beach oddity. Sure seems to be a lot of them! 😄

• Like 1

I did notice the patina difference, but some were in the surf, some in the high wet and some in the dry sand.  Some were half a mile apart and a couple were two feet apart.  They were also found over a two-to-three-month period.  Salt water and father time will take its toll on clad and in a hurry sometimes.  I do wish some of my other beaches would spit out halves instead of Zincolns.  LOL  

Knowing this beach as well as I do I would say that the likelihood of a seeded hunt while surely possible, is highly unlikely.  It is just too busy from before sunup until late at night.  And I think I would have heard about a local beach seeded hunt just from me being local.  But as they say, "given time and money, anything is possible"!!!  Just thinking back on some of the really weird stuff that I have dug on the beaches, 13 Kennedys hardly seems out of the ordinary.  LOL  Thanks for all the responses.  It is a very interesting hobby (addiction) that we share.

• Like 3

Maybe someone just decided to throw half dollars on the beach after watching you guys dig junk for hours on end 😄 They do that here in New England but use zincolns instead of halves. 🙄 Could also be some kid that brought them to the beach from home.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Maybe lost roll that broke up if they are on the same beach.

• Like 3

Two seasns ago in 2020 a hunter I know scooped up a Silver Peace dollar. It was in November. On a Gulf beach.   Two months later I got one about a half mile up the beach.      Can't believe they were seeded, certainly no ship wreck.   This beach is resanded from time to time.    So whats the story on finds like this ?      As for the Kennedy Halves,   many guys just coming into the game might not find that many in a life time.    And the why these things happen is a good mystery. 

• Like 3