I Imagine This Is What Detecting Was Like 30 Years Ago

Nice & interesting finds.

• Like 1

That's a good outing! I can only imagine the fun you had as he watched. I've had kids at the beach right on top of my every swing, it was fun for a few minutes..  After about 15 minutes it gets a little annoying.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Oh my! 1

You probably know this but i had to look that token up.  Gilchrist's was considered one of the big three stores (along with Filene's and Jordan Marsh) that dominated Boston's shopping district for so long. Gilchrist's opened in 1842, one year after Jordan Marsh in downtown Boston. Gilchrist's was not considered as high-end as its neighbors, but did just as well.

• Like 6

Even thirty years ago, I couldn't find that much silver in one hunt!!!!!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

That's awesome to know that you are there first and everything to come is yours. Nice permission and great on the clean up!

• Like 2

Well, here's an update. The owner messaged me that just today he happened to be in the backyard and noticed that every single plug I dug had been torn out and the hole underneath dug down to several inches. Evidently an enterprising raccoon or skunk smelled grubs & worms. Of course I'll be heading over there tomorrow to fix it all up. Any suggestions on how to avoid this in future? I'm not sure he'll have me back after this 😬

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 2

• The title was changed to I Imagine This Is What Detecting Was Like 30 Years Ago