Best Khz To Find Most Gold Rings

I did a test using 10k-  14k- white & yellow gold rings small and normal size, I was using the ORX and X 35 coil i studied 8.4 khz., 10,5khz skipped 11.6---12--12.3 because my pinpointer makes the machine go nuts 15,2khz and 26.khz  turns out the best frequency for all gold ring sis 15.2 khz hands down  but when hunting a tot lot getting close to the iron poles i found 26.khz better  as far as hearing a coin next to the iron poles and so on

• Like 3

I use the XP -ORX and have a X-35 coil on it I chose to keep it over the Deus, - well I have been testing on the many frequency's available on the ORX in order to find Gold rings , and this is what i found , 15.2khz is the best for gold , getting white gold yellow gold and low caret gold , and 14 k 18k, and also nickles one program i was using today is the 2nd Gold program called fineGold and using it with the 15.2 khz and a 2 recovery speed which is crucial for making the iron give itself away and getting you deep , but the gold really hits hard - I run the IAR at 4 and no bottle cap will fool you some iron will make a mid tone if its big and be stressed and hyper , but the tabs and nickle s give a cleaner sip sound today i went over a small area, i had hunted many time s and it was very clear to me this was pulling out the nickles, as all where deep and had set in the ground for some time . go ahead and try it out . I was using on an 80 gain but it is one of my favorite programs

20220622_142912.jpg

• Like 6

It certainly pays dividends to experiment with your machine to know it better & get the performance it is capable of out in the field. Well done.

• Like 3

you know i wanted to get the new D-2 but way to short on money, so I had to use the orx, but i cant say i am unhappy with it , I like the ORX more  its a great machine. I would buy another , the gold programs are awasome, and its about one of the best park machinesI have ever owned- if i had it in 1972 i would have sacks of cones of silver

Most gold rings will be very detectable with frequencies >5khz.

Most the rings and jewelry I find is with my Tesoro at 17.5khz and recently my Multi Kruzer at 19khz with small 5x9.5 dd. The frequency has much less to do with me finding jewlery than the coil size for the area I'm hunting. I happen to like the narrow dd for jewlery hunting because it has excellent separation and I am able to sort through modern trash easier.

The higher frequency and smaller coils are more sensitive to earrings and smaller gold but that doesn't mean you won't find them with other setups.

Micro jewlery is another issue but finding a stud earring in and around aluminum trash and foil with a prospecting machine could easily drive you mad.

Couple my recent finds, 925 cross, rhodium ring and 18k gold with 5 small diamonds.

67693805211__7D0C7233-E619-4534-8A7D-14CDE8930C40.JPG

67694090195__2867A32D-95F4-4A28-97DB-3CA8CA84CDDC.JPG

67710854949__53281F05-22BF-451F-9941-AC61C35AB9D6.JPG

• Like 9

On 6/21/2022 at 2:07 PM, Kaolin washer said:

I was using the ORX and X 35 coil i studied 8.4 khz., 10,5khz skipped 11.6---12--12.3 because my pinpointer makes the machine go nuts 15,2khz and 26.khz  turns out the best frequency for all gold ring sis 15.2 khz hands down 

Without knowing a particular machine my bet would go for 26khz and higher. That is what most beach and gold hunters would say.  However  most of us at the beach do not get to use, or cannot use single freq do to salt conditions.  

There is a lot to be said about stability and sensitivity. That may have different freq. choices. Sounds like your testing is pretty well thought out. 

• Like 2

Think the deepest ring I dug was 12" deep and was a 10k class ring. Was in a park where they had moved some dirt around and put in a sprinkler system. Majority of my rings had been far less. Small 2 tone gold/silver kids ring in the 8" range that dated to the late 1800's the deeper of natural sink. Majority of the rings where in the 4" or less range.

If your grounds have a lot of natural iron and wet a very high frequency may be counter productive ie ground phase in mid-high 90's. I ran into that with the Gold Racer at 56khz but that is an unusually high frequency.

I still do well in the 15-20khz for gold and it still hits silver well so if you ran at 26 you should be ok.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...