Nox Update

lowtone

16 hours ago, lowtone said:

Hi ,Has anyone heard if there is going to be another update for the Equinox?

Not that I've heard lowtone.  Would likely only see another update if there was a bug to fix.   

• Like 1

I looked around and found no evidence or announcement of an update for the Equinox.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It will always be a never-ending quest for detector manufacturers to develop/engineer a better detector than present models.  Pulls revenue into the business. 

When the CTX 3030 hit the market, it was top of the line, with promises of updates but none ever came.  Still this detector does super good but boy is it heavy after an hour or so, unless you're in the water.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/9/2022 at 7:10 PM, Mark Gillespie said:

It will always be a never-ending quest for detector manufacturers to develop/engineer a better detector than present models.  Pulls revenue into the business. 

When the CTX 3030 hit the market, it was top of the line, with promises of updates but none ever came.  Still this detector does super good but boy is it heavy after an hour or so, unless you're in the water.  

Minelab issued an update for the CTX in August 2016. The update feature as far as Minelab is concerned is for bug fixes, and is not a “we will continually upgrade your detector with new features” thing.

The next update for the Equinox will likely be the machine that replaces it. Manticore replaces the E-Trac, and I’m guessing we are a ways off from seeing an Equinox replacement.

• Like 3