New Vista X Coil

The SuperSix 6x8 is a sweet coil. I'm guessing the SuperSix is quite a bit lighter than the 8" concentric. I'm sure the 8" is a nice coil. Concentric coils are know to do well in iron.

For me the SuperSix is such a smooth running coil. I would have to get the SuperSix first and the 8" concentric later. My last Vista detector I never took the SuperSix off.

Also to get more depth turn the ground balance negative (counter clockwise from where it is ground balanced). About 1/2 a turn.

• Like 1

I would suggest getting both coils, the SuperSix and 8" concentric. One is not better than the other, to me they compliment each other & give you wider opportunities to be successful.

In my high mineral sites I have found a spot on Ground Balance to give the best performance/stability. The depth is there already. Balancing the Gain & Threshold levels for the conditions is the real key to best performance.

My ground is very mild. I turn the ground balance neg on my Tejon too. I agree, in hot ground, a normal ground balance would be best.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/4/2022 at 9:04 PM, JCR said:

I received my 8" round Concentric coil today from Richard at Backwoods Detectors, I also went ahead & got the SuperSix coil also. It is very dry here so the Iron is very well behaved. I won't be able to judge the Concentric until we get some rain to make the iron come alive. I think it will do well though. It separates almost as well as the 8"XS coil & is about as deep, hitting 8" targets solid & touching on my 10" Dime with less than Max settings. The SuperSix separates slightly better than the 8"XS & that is phenomenal. It soft hits 8" targets. Both are very stable. I'm glad I got both coils.

I ordered the 8"concentric coil 👍

• Like 2

On 9/20/2022 at 7:58 AM, Rick N. MI said:

The SuperSix 6x8 is a sweet coil. I'm guessing the SuperSix is quite a bit lighter than the 8" concentric. I'm sure the 8" is a nice coil. Concentric coils are know to do well in iron.

For me the SuperSix is such a smooth running coil. I would have to get the SuperSix first and the 8" concentric later. My last Vista detector I never took the SuperSix off.

Also to get more depth turn the ground balance negative (counter clockwise from where it is ground balanced). About 1/2 a turn.

Just like the tejón thanks

• Like 1