It took me 2 days to finish reading your post !

I kept staring at the pictures !!!!!!!😳

VERY nice  lookin' chunksa.yellow .......🤗

I bet there isn't anyone here that doesn't wish for a hunt like THAT !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Amazing story, pics and memories.  It brought me back to when I visited Kalgoorlie and the memories made.  Well done and thanks for sharing.

• Like 3

Adam,

Congratulations on that trip.  You are a great guy and deserve it.

Those are some fantastic pieces.  I hope you don't have to sell them to any old gold buyer and people you know will buy them from you.  I wish I had bought more nuggets found by friends over the years.

You've written it up well and that is a job all by itself.  Thanks for that too.

You put us on some great past producing ground around Bendigo but it had already been cleaned before us.  I hope you get a chance to go back with your 6000.

Mitchel

• Like 2

Great post and adventure, thanks for sharing. Also stoked to see there are some deep ones the 6000 is pulling up that the 7000 couldn't hear. 

Those gold pictures are great, is that done with a scanner?

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments and encouragement.  I mostly wrote this up as a bit of a record for myself to look back on but also as a bit of encouragement for others that 'it is still out there'.   There are a lot of skunk days back here in Victoria and although W.A. is very different, it gives me confidence that I can adapt a few more things that I learnt on this trip and hopefully find my own little Victorian virgin patch. 

I love reading JR and Reg's adventures as they continue to do that on an even grander scale.   It gives hope when hope might be starting to wane.  

On 6/26/2022 at 12:18 AM, vanursepaul said:

im still waiting on my visa to come thru…. 28 days and counting..

That's a bummer Paul.  Hope that it comes through for you soon.  Some of the ground we were on was actually adjacent to some of Trent's tenements.  Would have been good to meet Trent and see how they run their ops but obviously had no idea on which tenement he would be or where on them he might be working - big area.  Would have been a double bonus if we could have crossed paths!  

On 6/26/2022 at 2:48 PM, Valens Legacy said:

Some day I have to visit that part of the world

Life is short - get out there  😀

On 6/26/2022 at 7:11 PM, geof_junk said:

The concentrations of nuggets are fairly close together, most of my GPS nugget spreads have a distance of more than 20 meters apart

Thanks Geof.  Yes, both the little patches I found were very concentrated.   However, the larger patch that Bill found last year was a much larger area although it appeared to be almost 3 patches adjoining each other.  The main area was about 130 metres X about 40 metres with mostly rounded nuggets between 0.1 of a gram up to nearly 9 ounces, although elluvial rather than alluvial.  Right in the middle of that was where I found the really reefy 16 gram piece.  Then, about 60 metres off to the side was a solitary 16 gram, deep piece found last year.  And on a small plateau about 50 metres to the west there was multiple 0.5 gram to multi gram pieces that were quite reefy.   All of it close but a lot of it not seemingly related at all.  

The Trilobite app was very, very useful.  There are multiple videos re: how to get the best out of it and the developer is very responsive to answering questions that you might have.  I am not associated with the app/developer in any way but am a very happy end user  😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

VERY nice  lookin' chunksa.yellow .......🤗

Thanks RV.   

11 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Well done and thanks for sharing.

Thanks Gerry.  Your posts and pics are great encouragement for everyone too, so thank you 👍   I also follow you on FaceBook and although I only look at it every few days, yours tends to be at the top of my feed for some reason 🙃

6 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Congratulations on that trip

Thanks Mitchel, I appreciate that.  I'm looking forward to the day I can get shown how to scan the beaches of Santa Monica for some rare treasures...and then maybe we can go metal detecting  🤣   

Re: selling the nuggets.  I am torn a bit in what to do with this.  I'll likely keep a couple of nice ones and sell the rest.  I have a few other toys that I'll need to fund in the future and unfortunately my real wages are generally depleted with a mortgage, a wife and 3 teenage kids!  But as we know, they are another type of gold.   

4 hours ago, jasong said:

Those gold pictures are great, is that done with a scanner?

Thanks jasong.  Nothing special re: the pics.  My eldest son has an iphone 13 pro (I think that's what it is) and it has the funky 3 camera thing on the back.  The gold was simply sat on some of those small display boxes with the black material, I shone my iphone light on instead of using his flash and he took them with the iphone macro setting.  My brother in law has one of those USB camera lense things that take some real micro photography.  I forgot to look at them when I was there but he said they come up a real treat.  A few of the blokes on Prospecting Australia have put up some wild pics over the years too.  Some of the tiniest nuggets when viewed without something to size them against could easily be mistaken for multi ounce pieces when you see the fine detail on their surface.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• The title was changed to W.a. Trip 2022