New Life For The Gpz7000, Rohan To The Rescue

4 hours ago, Rob Allison said:

Is there anymore, including X-coils Manufacture that are now including the adapter or have someone that makes them that can guarantee the adapter or warranty on the GPZ 7000?"

"does not cover damage caused by accident, misuse, negligent act or omission, fair wear and tear, 
alteration, modifications or unauthorised service by the Purchaser or any other party"

There is your answer, Rob. You will be on your own.

GC

5 hours ago, Rob Allison said:

Hey Reg and Others,

This is an honest and open question for customers here in the US, like myself, that are not willing to make a "cable adapter" to be able to use a X-coil.  

Rob, while I'm sure many of your more recreational customers might not want to cut a cable, anyone detecting for a living or doing it semi-pro should at least see one of these concentrics work on some ground they think is totally flogged. Especially now that many warranties are expired anyways. Some might find the performance increase worth the risk. I did and still do for sure.

If you want to see one work in person or if you want to borrow my personal adapter and a concentric coil (or the 8" too) for a day to go take somewhere you know there are no diggable signals left with the stock GPZ, get a hold of me this winter.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

"does not cover damage caused by accident, misuse, negligent act or omission, fair wear and tear, 
alteration, modifications or unauthorised service by the Purchaser or any other party"

There is your answer, Rob. You will be on your own.

Yep, Don't do it, far too risky-  :)

3 hours ago, jasong said:

Rob, while I'm sure many of your more recreational customers might not want to cut a cable, anyone detecting for a living or doing it semi-pro should at least see one of these concentrics work on some ground they think is totally flogged. Especially now that many warranties are expired anyways. Some might find the performance increase worth the risk. I did and still do for sure.

Understatement Jasong!!!  Not mine but flogged ground:2108487762_5oz.thumb.jpg.48ec2081b6369cd683b9cca6cbfa54c6.jpg289749123_6262048797140736_6751284114457057611_n.thumb.jpg.13f7a8b2108bb2454db8f52f6a3a04cf.jpg

Mine, 8 oz. (also flogged ground:)

694603730_22CC.thumb.jpg.89f86e12fcc6221232ffa5c72dd41ffe.jpg

Draw your own conclusions - 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jrbeatty said:

Yep, Don't do it, far too risky-  🙂

I didn't say I wouldn't do it. 🙂  It's just that you would be on your own warranty wise, and for some people with existing warranties (not me) this is something to keep in mind when cutting the cable. Personally, I would most certainly consider it if I would live in Australia. The 22CC pics you show should convince anyone! Here in the US this might be less of a pressing need and I am doing just fine with my GPZ/NF12 - 6000 combo pack.

GC

• Like 2

Come on aftermarketeirs CC for the 6K too, although I wait passionately for the ordered Rohans 6K Sadie. The memory of those early magic day 1,000s of scraps with the GM2 and GB2 "fever" drives me, combined with the 6Ks already stellar scrap depth performance, on proviso of course ones fortunate to win MLs Coil Lottery. Big ask, but homemade coils I suspect will just keep on doing it. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Norvic said:

although I wait passionately for the ordered Rohans 6K Sadie.

I'm told I won't get my 6000 Sadie until September 😞 For some reason the other coils are being released in July and the Sadie in September, a bit of a shame as it's the one I wanted the most.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I'm told I won't get my 6000 Sadie until September 😞 For some reason the other coils are being released in July and the Sadie in September, a bit of a shame as it's the one I wanted the most.

Yep, same here, the bigger coils are more in demand, and suspect this is because the 11" mono MLs a wee dodgy. Getting that way we`ll be buying detectors like we buy cordless power tools, just the skin 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’m looking forward to the 7 x 12 for a alternative if the Sadie is not available for a while longer.

• Like 3

I just received confirmation, 17x13 7k NF due out Sept of this year, my money's already down... WOOOO HOOO. This is the PERFECT size for my scrub where I detect. The 17x13 EVO has found me the most colour of all the coils I've swung.

Jen

• Like 3

That's cool they're making the coil you would prefer Jennifer, although I'm sure many Aussies might be disappointed, they'd prefer a 17" round for the depth I'm guessing as a far lighter 19" Minelab coil alternative.  Thanks for the update.

Interesting they've done 17x13" and not 17x12" to keep it different to the competitions options.

I'm sure the 17x13" will be nice and light, they did a good job of the 12" making it light.

• Like 1