New Life For The Gpz7000, Rohan To The Rescue

2 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I'm sure many Aussies might be disappointed, they'd prefer a 17" round

https://www.tools4flooring.com/media/catalog/product/cache/ff03c19aa9a71db2d33fa67f72703f83/c/r/crain-751_2.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Oh my! 1

Not sure a heat gun is gonna help much.... 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am not sure Jen is saying it is hot or that it is her hair dryer that she uses on the gold fields. 😀

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, geof_junk said:

I am not sure Jen is saying it is hot or that it is her hair dryer that she uses on the gold fields. 😀

methinks the hot air gun is to heat up the coil, to adapt it from elliptical to round shape... Hot air fixes lots of things, just ask any politician 😉

• Haha 6
  • Thanks 1

On 6/28/2022 at 5:24 PM, BrokeInBendigo said:

I emailed Rohan for more detail, he said the size is closer to 18x13.5", and is bundle wound.

That is likely going to be a deadly patch hunting set-up.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, PhaseTech said:

That is likely going to be a deadly patch hunting set-up.  

That size has always been awesome for me in the Evo for GPX, I have found most of my gold with that size/shape so am looking forward to it. Sounds like a new wiring config as well, something he's calling DOD but no idea what it means... more to come later this year. He did confirm again it was a 17x13 so that's awesome......

• Like 1

DOD is the same configuration as the ML GPZ coils (and the NF, and a good portion of the X-Coils). Looks like this new coil from NF will be the same as the NF 12" in terms of windings. Just a different size and hopefully lightweight.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BrokeInBendigo said:

DOD is the same configuration as the ML GPZ coils (and the NF, and a good portion of the X-Coils). Looks like this new coil from NF will be the same as the NF 12" in terms of windings. Just a different size and hopefully lightweight.

Thank you for explaining that, appreciate it.

yes, it's wound the same as the NF 12" Z-Search and the standard Minelab GPZ coils all with bundle windings in a DOD configuration which was always going to be the case with it.   It will obviously be less sensitive than the 14x13" coil to small gold, might add a little depth to bigger gold but will cover more ground quickly, and I suspect that and the lighter weight will be its advantages over the standard coil so Nenad is right, it'll be a better patch hunting coil than Nugget Finder and Minelab's current offerings.  They should be able to get it pretty light compared to the other offerings by ML which I suspect will be it's biggest marketing point, I'd expect something similar or even possibly lighter than the stock 14x13" coil.

• Like 3