GPZ 19 Accessory Coil - Coming Soon!

Is bigger better?  It will cover more dirt if you have the open space to swing a big coil!  Will it have the sensitivity of the 14" for the run of the mill nuggets?  You'll have to know your dirt if it holds large deep nuggets.  The GPZ, is awesome with out of the box stock coil...I still have 8 different GPX coils and don't even own one...lol. Seeing this coil in the field running against the stock 14" coil will tell me if its worth a few nuggets out of my poke to purchase it!  Until then, keep swing'n  Below, is Robin and my last hunt at Rye Patch

Rick

image.jpeg

• Like 7

Running the X with a 14" Elite Mono is close to the Z with its stock coil except in one respect, the Z no doubt gives far less false signals ie a repeatable signal that the auto GB doesn`t take out on the Z is nearly always metal, on the X you will be digging more false signals or risking its auto gb taking out gold(if you risk auto gb on PIs), something the Z rarely does.. That makes the Z more productive, tis a magic machine for sure.

I`ll have that new coil, the SDC with its small coil will do those places the Zs coil can`t get at, until ML bring out a small coil. But as I found with the PIs 14" is a sweet size, time will tell with the Z.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Norvic said:

Running the X with a 14" Elite Mono is close to the Z with its stock coil except in one respect, the Z no doubt gives far less false signals ie a repeatable signal that the auto GB doesn`t take out on the Z is nearly always metal, on the X you will be digging more false signals or risking its auto gb taking out gold(if you risk auto gb on PIs), something the Z rarely does.. That makes the Z more productive, tis a magic machine for sure.

I`ll have that new coil, the SDC with its small coil will do those places the Zs coil can`t get at, until ML bring out a small coil. But as I found with the PIs 14" is a sweet size, time will tell with the Z.

Good point you mention. I think lots of New Gen coil users are suffering from excess ground noise due to not utilising the Tracking in the GPX, or being too scared to put it to use when the ground dictates. Running Slow Tracking and using wide sweeps it is nearly impossible to track a target out. But it will quickly deal with charcoal, hot rocks and clay domes allowing you to cover a lot more ground in a day. 

• Like 2

Yeah, Nenad never trusted the PIs in tracking so always used in manual, even took awhile to be convinced the Z was AOK in tracking, used Mono coils always so can`t comment on DD. Probably just a stubborn habit I developed but worked for me. Saying that I gave the SDC a good go at cancelling out a scrap, didn`t even look like it.

Suspect the new coil will bring a lot of interest, stir the Z pot up again at least 70%

• Like 1

Right when my $50 skid plate wears out (the black one) they announce a new coil.

Can't wait for the 19" coil to show up so gotta bite the bullet and order another skid plate from Rob....

Expensive hobby.

I'm easily outperforming a GPX with large coils using the stock GPZ 14 coil and at the same time it is outperforming the GPX with small coils attached. If that is the case how do you think a larger coil is going to behave based on our experiences using large coils on PIs? Think less sensitivity to immediate ground noise, also less pesky bird shot. There will also most likely be less susceptibility to Saturation and of course better outright depth, the only negatives for a larger coil would be increased salt signal and maybe EMI in some areas. These are all just basic observations that are already experienced when opting for larger coils on previous tech, so one would assume this is also going to be the case with ZVT.

Bring on the large coil I say, the sooner the better.

JP

• Like 3

i see they are trying to lighten the load with an open-web design...I have never liked that design. Way back when the 12x24 ufo came out they put a solid cover over the open web...not the perfect solution; but better than catching on every rock and twig on the ground...

I would need to get in top shape to dig targets that thing will find.

fred

• Like 1

I was hoping you guys would get a fat elliptical for the new big one. Looks like 19"x17" maybe 16 and a tad...

There is something about signal response the fat's have on all the ones I've used that I really like. They don't suffer like a skinny elliptical.