GPZ 19 Accessory Coil - Coming Soon!

That`s a good read, perhaps that "halo" is the inductance Bruce Candy speaks of. Perhaps the ferrous oxide whilst not being magnetic,  creates the field, also explaining why the signal diminishes when we dig into it and break that field. Those eddies from nuggets shape, thus varying the inductance of the field may also help explain why we often get a reverse signal over some nuggets.

Dunno food for thought.

• Like 2

Cant wait for the new coil already got 2 years worth of area's to run it over!

I can see it being a near permanent fixture on my detector.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2016 at 7:08 AM, Norvic said:

That`s a good read, perhaps that "halo" is the inductance Bruce Candy speaks of. Perhaps the ferrous oxide whilst not being magnetic,  creates the field, also explaining why the signal diminishes when we dig into it and break that field. Those eddies from nuggets shape, thus varying the inductance of the field may also help explain why we often get a reverse signal over some nuggets.

Dunno food for thought.

What hes talking about in the paper has got more to do with the conductive and ferro-magnetic properties of the different metals.

The rx size of the winding the time constants of the target the depth of the target and the inverse square law and mineralization all dictate the result you'll get on a particular target.

Hi Steven,

I recall Minelab mentioning that they would not release until they had the weight down to the 14 or as close as possible, suspect the reason for the open coil design to shed some weight.

• Like 1

Well, as close in weight to the 14" as possible does not mean the 19" coil will not weigh quite a bit more. No matter how you do it winding a 19" coil takes more copper than a 14" coil. Every ounce out in the end of the rod adds up. Start doing your lower back exercises now!

• Like 1