GPZ 19 Accessory Coil - Coming Soon!

Yep, I have been looking at hover crafts and the cushion of air they float on. What do you think enclosing the coil with a air pillow and allowing it to glide across the ground, actually doesn't sound all that stupid an idea ;)

Hi Fred

I would presume conductivity would be the reason since AL is less conductive than Cu. So you would need larger windings to achieve the same result. Another factor may be it malleability.

Regards Steve

That's a good question Fred...wonder if one of the detector engineers here might comment on it? Because that sure would save some weight if it was possible.

I'm going to  take a guess that it has to do with the LR time constant and a quick current decay for sampling? Higher resistivity means longer decay for equivalent inductance coils.

I wonder if they'll offer to package the 19" with the GPZ instead of the 14" as an option? If they do that and decrease the price again I'd buy another one.

My right arm is larger and stronger than my left because of the GPZ, I look at it as a good workout and enjoy the exercise. But do hunt areas that have tall grass and would prefer a solid coil to push the grass down with.

Looking forward to the release of the new coil. 

Your naughty Paul, but I like you.

• Like 2