Finally Broke Into The 1800's Club!

Great hunt Cap'n! Congrats on an old coin. 👍I like that copper plate on bottom right, does it have inscription?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Great story with a nice find for taking the path you took.

Sometimes you just have to take a different route to make the good finds. Back in those days people would come from all directions to get to the train stations.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Great hunt Cap'n! Congrats on an old coin. 👍I like that copper plate on bottom right, does it have inscription?

Thanks! There was no marking that I could see on the copper plate thingy. It has a folded tab on the left side and I assume it had one on the right too, so it may have be the backing for a small photo frame or possibly a pendant of some kind, I don't know at this point.

A couple of the more interesting finds for me was the old corroded 45 LC bullet with the lead still in place, it must have been a dropped bullet, and the smaller possibly .38 caliber bullet with the lead carved into a ball shape, which may have been made into a game piece possibly for playing chess. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Found this at a park last month, it’s worn to crap.  Looks like a capped bust dime between 1809-1837

E6037962-8A50-432E-B8DC-42496A5D8155.jpeg

7D0D1D2F-D9FB-4B6C-A1C5-88A6C8E45CA5.jpeg

• Like 4

Now that's a great relic hunt. Good job. That's the kind of stuff I like to find lol. 

• Like 1