New Update The Legend

Jeff's correction prompted a question to me; if Audio gain is not available in Goldfield, is it available in the other modes when using Pitch audio. Is there a special difference between say Goldfield and Field with Pitch tone other than the kHz used? I'm very glad to have the option of VCO, even in single tone(I was hoping for VCO in 2,4,6 and even 60 tone) What makes Goldfield "special"? I want to build a "Relic mode" similar to the D2.

• Like 1

Yes, the gold modes been a bit neglected and that's the area the Legend is lacking a bit.  Perhaps future updates will give the gold mode a bit more love.

If Nokta are intending to release a Gold Kruzer replacement at some point they'd want to iron out their Multi Frequency gold prospecting technology a bit more to make it viable, no point releasing another single frequency prospecting VLF, their days are numbered.  They can use the Legend to get it right and tweak it up then release the MF Gold Kruzer with a higher KHz and bingo! a detector people will want to buy.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JCR said:

Jeff's correction prompted a question to me; if Audio gain is not available in Goldfield, is it available in the other modes when using Pitch audio. Is there a special difference between say Goldfield and Field with Pitch tone other than the kHz used? I'm very glad to have the option of VCO, even in single tone(I was hoping for VCO in 2,4,6 and even 60 tone) What makes Goldfield "special"? I want to build a "Relic mode" similar to the D2.

At the moment (1.07) the Legend's Gold Field mode has only one audio option......single tone (no iron tone) highly modulated VCO audio that works very well. Whether it needs audio boost......I don't know.

Right now and especially after the 1.08 update, I would mainly use 2 tone (after the update Pitch Tones) in Field mode for relic hunting with wide open, no discrimination Gold Field as a cross reference. But that is just me. In my dirt conditions I am not seeing a big difference depth wise on coin sized objects using Field or Gold Field with similar settings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NM certainly have given us a lot to experiment with. The versatility & performance The Legend presents, especially given the price point, is almost unbelievable.

• Like 3

That's what I will use it in relic hunts too. 2 tone with Pitch in Field mode. I will like Audio gain maxed too.

This update is going to change everything on the Legend making it so much better. 

Really looking forward to the update and extra coils.

It looks like Stability will help with any iron falsing from a low Iron filter setting. Were going to have find a balance between Iron filter and Stability depending on where we are hunting.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Right now and especially after the 1.08 update, I would mainly use 2 tone (after the update Pitch Tones) in Field mode for relic hunting with wide open, no discrimination Gold Field as a cross reference.

Me too.  That’s how I would have run Nox too (except I run 50 tones because there is no pitch option).

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

Yes, the gold modes been a bit neglected and that's the area the Legend is lacking a bit.  Perhaps future updates will give the gold mode a bit more love.

If Nokta are intending to release a Gold Kruzer replacement at some point they'd want to iron out their Multi Frequency gold prospecting technology a bit more to make it viable, no point releasing another single frequency prospecting VLF, their days are numbered.  They can use the Legend to get it right and tweak it up then release the MF Gold Kruzer with a higher KHz and bingo! a detector people will want to buy.

Simon, at this point I don't see anything lacking in the Gold Field program on the Legend aside from some tweaks to the threshold tone and the release of 1.08 which should give it the possibility of running it in the gold fields with the least amount of iron filtering possible.

Even now, it is way better than Deus 2, easily equals Deus 1 and comes really close to the Equinox 800. I have been strenuously testing all three in terms of sensitivity using its M multi frequency mode and its selectable single frequencies where it is over an inch better than Deus 2 on the same .25 gram and smaller targets. It does well in ground balance ground handling and in its great feature set which includes Ferro-Check. Legend is about to get a mineralization graph too so at least among the gold prospecting capable or at least advertised as capable detectors I have, the only VLF that beats it soundly (it beats the rest of mine too) is the Garrett 24K. 

Compared to the Gold Kruzer ........I would pick the Legend everytime simply due to selectable single frequency or SMF operation, recovery speed adjustments, Ferro-Check, easy to use preset ground handling discrimination patterns and its single digit notching just to name a few. The Gold Kruzer may be operating at a slightly higher frequency but it does not compete with those features since it has no notching, no recovery speed adjustments, only 1 frequency, and no form of discrimination using its Gen mode. Fast and Boost will work in milder ground only. Micro is a great little 2 tone discrimination mode but it is no deeper than Gen. In the testing I have documented for the Gold Kruzer, it is no more sensitive or deeper than the Legend.......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Jeff, I was under the impression and from what I'd seen in videos the Legend wasn't as sensitive to small gold as the Nox, so that's what I was getting at there, tweaking it up to be a touch more sensitive.  Perhaps that was the overly aggressive iron bias messing with it a bit and as you pointed out that's being fixed up in this 1.08 update.

If it can equal the Nox in small gold sensitivity then it's a must have for me, the bunch of features these multi's have over single frequency detectors is always handy and the Legend should end up with a better selection of coils especially if concentrics start to hit the market for it. 

• Like 2