Legend Update 1.08

Dear Valued Members,

Soon to be released 1.08 update will include the following:

1. Iron Filter (Iron Bias) and Stability settings have been added.
When the device is working in Multi frequency, select the Recovery Speed setting and press the pinpoint button.

Iron Filter (IF) setting ranges between 1-8 and the default value is 8. DEFAULT VALUE 8 IS THE SAME AS THE CURRENT LEGEND WITH NO IRON FILTER SETTING.
Lower IF setting will increase the chances of ferrous targets to be classified as non-ferrous targets and vice versa.
St setting is the fine tuning for the IF setting.
When the IF is set to 8, the St setting will be inactive in the Park, Field and Gold Field modes.
When the IF is set to any value below 8, the St setting can be activated by pressing the right or left button and can be adjusted by using the + and - buttons.
NOTE: THE st SETTING IN THE BEACH MODE IS DIFFERENT THAN THIS NEW st SETTING!

2. Multi 3 (M3) has been added to PARK and FIELD modes.
Ideal for humid, wet and/or conductive soils.
It eliminates the moisture in the soils which can cause falses. It also weakens the response of targets generating 10-11 IDs such as coke and aluminum foil.

3. The selected setting in the settings menu will now blink for easier viewing.

4. Mute function has been added.
On the main screen, press and hold the Frequency button to mute the device.
Letters "AO" (Audio Off) will appear on the right side. You can unmute by pressing and holding the Frequency button.
Even if muted, the device will revert back to unmute in the custom discrimination pattern (notch), ground balance and settings menus automatically.

5. Auto sensitivity drop in the custom discrimination pattern
When you select the custom discrimination pattern (notch), the sensitivity drops down to 5 automatically. However, if you are using the automatic notch, you may not want the sensitivity to be lowered. In this case, press the Ground Balance button once to revert back to the current sensitivity. Letters "CS" (current sensitivity) will be displayed on the right side.

6. Hearing the audio through the speaker and the Bluetooth headphones at the same time
When the Bluetooth setting is selected, if the Bluetooth HPs are paired, press the up button and select 2.

7. Reverting Back to Factory Defaults
After selecting the user profile in the settings menu, press and hold the pinpoint button until letters Fd appear on screen. Fd will disappear after 2 seconds.

8. Audio Gain setting has been added.
In the PARK, FIELD and BEACH modes, after selecting the volume, press the pinpoint button. Letters AG will appear on the right side. You can adjust the AG using the + and – buttons between 1-6. The default value is set to 3.

9. VCO Tone Pitch has been added
In Tone Pitch, as the coil approaches the target, the audio frequency will change in proportion to the signal strength. It can be selected from the number of tones setting and is shown with a P.

10. Discrimination Pattern is now saved.
Default discrimination pattern for PARK, FIELD, and BEACH has been defined as “F (Ferro-off)” and as “G (Ground-off)” in the Gold Field Mode.

11. Mineralization Indicator
In the ground balance menu, press the discrimination button to activate the mineralization indicator. Letter GI (Ground Indicator) will appear on the right side. When you press the discrimination button again, it will revert back to Ferro Check and FC will appear.

12. The default threshold frequency level in Park, Field and Beach modes have been changed to 10.

13. Threshold parameters have been updated in the Park, Field and Beach modes.

14. Audio during ground balancing has been updated.

https://www.facebook.com/noktadetect...35000278261127

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZqqKz4reAg&t=40s
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Thank you for being so responsive to user suggestions to improve your products. This willingness, along with your in field performance & quality is what sets you apart from the competition. NM is a true World Class example for all to see.

• Like 3

Awesome news Dilek!

I can't wait to try it! If you want to slip me the update in the DMs, I would love to test it. 🙂

Im not a youtuber or anything but I would be glad to provide feedback. 

Either way the videos I have seen from HistoryRevisited look extremely positive. Glad I didn't listen to the critics. I love my Legend. 

• Like 1

Check out this 1.08 Legend Iron Filter video by Iffy Signals

Very impressive.....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dirtshark said:

Awesome news Dilek!

I can't wait to try it! If you want to slip me the update in the DMs, I would love to test it. 🙂

Im not a youtuber or anything but I would be glad to provide feedback. 

Either way the videos I have seen from HistoryRevisited look extremely positive. Glad I didn't listen to the critics. I love my Legend. 

The YouTube critics that actually have/had a Legend needed to hold off on their final opinion until the latest software was released. Those that never ran a Legend but just listened to the critics referred to, got some incomplete information.

I'm glad you didn't listen to them. 

2 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

The YouTube critics that actually have/had a Legend needed to hold off on their final opinion until the latest software was released. Those that never ran a Legend but just listened to the critics referred to, got some incomplete information.

I'm glad you didn't listen to them. 

Thanks, and thank you for your awesome posts in virtually any thread. I appreciate your experience and experiences. 

• Like 1

I love the real user feedback Here!  I'm in no hurry to buy now but probably early spring unless my nox goes down.  I used mine while working out of town mostly to keep me busy.  But still want the best i can afford so appreciate every ones views.

I was using the legend the other day, I did not get a solid signal but something told me to dig. What I found was a quarter and a nickle next to each other, the legend was trying to block the signal as if it were an iron target, just like iffy with the nail and nickle.

We will see when V1.08 is release, but I am curious if the new adjustable Iron Filter & the Stability settings effect the FerroCheck response.

• The title was changed to Legend Update
20 hours ago, JCR said:

We will see when V1.08 is release, but I am curious if the new adjustable Iron Filter & the Stability settings effect the FerroCheck response.

Good question. Perhaps one of the testers will check that out.