Emi Mitigation Guide?

SwiftSword

Ground noise it could be also. Lift your coil above soil level 5 cm to 10 cm and check it.

20 hours ago, SwiftSword said:

Just watched a video by Paystreak. He's dropping down the audio response to shut up the EMI. I don't understand the correlation there, either. 

I also see he's doing the frequency scan while holding the coil up in the air. I've always understood you're supposed to do it while holding the coil just above the ground. Which is it? 

God, that guy says 20 words for every 2 he actually needs to say 🙄

I’ve watched paystreaks videos on the Deus2 and I think  the D2 worked fine at his home before he did updates after version 6.  He kept complaining he didn’t like the updates.   He also hunts too fast and goes over the same ground digging up what he missed.   

• Like 1

Yeah, the problem with just changing random settings that reduce observed EMI is that they might just cripple the detector altogether. If I take that to its logical conclusion, I can eliminate EMI completely by just turning the detector off.
What I'm after is some guidance (perhaps from XP) on how to correctly reduce EMI while minimizing the impact on performance. 

In the worst EMI locations I drop the sensitivity down to 70 and the audio response to 2. That usually takes care of it but the trade off is lost depth.

• Like 4

i had the problem last Sunday as the power lines were in the back yard. ugh. eventually I had to try Deus mono and tried each frequency until i got to a higher one ( can't remember now. that was a long time ago) and then i was able to detect and i seemed to do well too. 

5 hours ago, martygene said:

i had the problem last Sunday as the power lines were in the back yard. ugh. eventually I had to try Deus mono and tried each frequency until i got to a higher one ( can't remember now. that was a long time ago) and then i was able to detect and i seemed to do well too. 

I know some solutions

Lower your sens, mono program, threshold on, lower audio respons. 

It are choices that you have to make to get the best out of your machine and the field. 

Maybe the solution is that xp import the mono freq range in the multi programs😉