Outback Yank Is On The Move… Australia V2022

On 6/30/2022 at 1:13 PM, vanursepaul said:

t is a huge price for airline tickets and will take a lifetime of detecting just to recoup that investment.

I guess you'll have to stop by and detect here when you get back to get back on track financially. BUT you must promise to speak only when spoken to. That Tennessee-Australian accent just drives me nuts.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

KL, nah nah nah, don`t try and put some blame on OZ for The Outback Tanks foreign lingo, I got him straight off the plane from the US on his first downunder trip, well almost straight off the plane, the folks at the airport kindly fed him and tried to locate his chauffeur but they had no idea what he was on about..... Anyway only words it seems that he spoke we understood in FNQ was "burger with the lot" and "beer". Fortunately he writes English otherwise he`d be still at the the Cairns International Airport hands full of burger and beer.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

On 7/4/2022 at 1:31 AM, Norvic said:

KL, nah nah nah, don`t try and put some blame on OZ for The Outback Tanks foreign lingo, I got him straight off the plane from the US on his first downunder trip, well almost straight off the plane, the folks at the airport kindly fed him and tried to locate his chauffeur but they had no idea what he was on about..... Anyway only words it seems that he spoke we understood in FNQ was "burger with the lot" and "beer". Fortunately he writes English otherwise he`d be still at the the Cairns International Airport hands full of burger and beer.

That’s a dam lie…they knew I wanted a beer 🍺 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Here's some fresh Aussie colours just to boost your enthusiasm Paul, not that it ever needs boosting!

Not mine either, but found in Vic, deep down with the 22" CC X coil:

345631816_DaveG.thumb.jpg.81364984d6a8670980453ece42d38579.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Oh my! 6

1 hour ago, vanursepaul said:

They’re having strange weather here in Meeka... overcast and rainy

Same all over the bloody continent this winter. Freezing cold as well here in the SE!

Have fun!

• Like 1

It's certainly living up to it's reputation of the land of extremes, it's either too hot and dry and on fire, or in this case the past 12 months or so too wet and flooding.  A family member recently got back from a couple of week trip to sunny Brisbane to see other family, and as their number plates say "Queensland - The Sunshine State".  She didn't get a sunny day the entire trip and a rained almost the entire time, couldn't even go out some days as the roads were flooded.

Good luck with the weather on your trip Paul, you're going to need it this time! Someone left the tap on.

• Like 1

Aye, 8.9 this morn. clear as down on the sea at Barradise.... Ya soaking in it now Paul

• Thanks 1