Chinese Detector Mash Up

The Chinese manufacturers are not only doing clones they're doing mash ups combining features of one model in the look of another.

This one is pretty interesting, it looks like a GPZ, combined with a CTX 3030, combined with a normal VLF for functionality and coil design, and includes a full colour touch screen.  I like the GPX 4500/5000 arm cuff on a GPZ body. 🙂

It truly is a shame they don't use their talents to make their own detectors, you would think with the clones they can pop out and the skills that they must have to do them they could sit down and build a detector of their own and start a genuine manufacturing company for detectors rather than using other companies ideas.

One thing they did do right that Minelab could learn from is getting rid of the weak CTX coil ears and using the GPZ 7000 coil mounting ears on a CTX shaft. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

It truly is a shame they don't use their talents to make their own detectors, you would think with the clones they can pop out and the skills that they must have to do them they could sit down and build a detector of their own and start a genuine manufacturing company for detectors rather than using other companies ideas.

Chinese talents??? That might be a little overreach. Most everything coming out of China is inferior.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Now if they could only combine the best features for all that effort they put in lol..

On 6/29/2022 at 11:46 AM, phrunt said:

This one is pretty interesting, it looks like a GPZ, combined with a CTX 3030, combined with a normal VLF for functionality and coil design, and includes a full colour touch screen.  I like the GPX 4500/5000 arm cuff on a GPZ body.

And a Garrett coil.

This thing sells for $850 on Ali Express, can't imagine there are too many people willing to pay that much for very questionable performance.

On 6/30/2022 at 8:50 AM, midalake said:

Chinese talents??? That might be a little overreach. Most everything coming out of China is inferior.

China is capable of manufacturing extremely cheap and low quality products as well as products made to the absolute highest standards possible on this planet. You get what you pay for, just like anywhere else.

• Like 6

Yea if the Chinese counterfeiters make fake GPX 6000 shafts I’m buying one to replace my genuine one, it will likely be better quality 😁

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, 中国 张 said:

哈哈哈,今天我才看到这个子,确实够LOW的,贴菜鸟! 

没有办法,有些人就喜欢研究这些违规爱捡便宜的人,CH也不去监管这个。

请大家转告身边朋友不去购买,谨防上当受骗,浪费金钱。

• Like 1