Can You Still Buy Tesoro In 2022?

Hello everyone, I'm a user of The Legend and Xp Orx. I want to do a manual and sound-only search and have some nostalgia, but I want a device that is resistant to minerals and has good discrimination, do you think it can be tejon or vanquero?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You have devices as good or better already. If you don't not like the screens, tape them over or put the controller in your pocket, and hunt by ear. Most XP users hunt by ear anyway. You can go down nostalgia road if you want, but personally I have done it many times, and reality never measures up to memory when it comes to comparing the old to the new.

• Like 6

Minton,   You might want to look at the detectors offered by DeepTech. They are excellent modern analog style machines.

• Like 7

Check ebay for Tesoros, people seem to buy and sell them quite a bit. Models with adjustable ground balance should work well in tougher grounds. Mojave will handle bad ground but doesn't have an all metal/pp and is fixed gb.

Vaquero, Tejon and Outlaws are nice.  Which ever you get make sure they have a concentric coil on it and not a dd.

Deeptech Vista is about as close as you can get to the Tejon.

• Like 7

On 7/1/2022 at 7:25 PM, Minton said:

Hello everyone, I'm a user of The Legend and Xp Orx. I want to do a manual and sound-only search and have some nostalgia, but I want a device that is resistant to minerals and has good discrimination, do you think it can be tejon or vanquero?

Two weeks ago I had the same idea as there is some one offering a tesoro bandido µmax at craigs list at a reasonable price. ( There are sold some µmax Silver, too).

And 7 days I asked myself, what this detector can do the 4 others I own can not. !? Right at the moment there is nothing the Tesoro will do better; may be less weight. But right at the moment sweeping my detectors isn't a problem.

So Steve & JCR are right, Minton, and you noticed that. And I have to agree.👍

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 6:36 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

You have devices as good or better already. If you don't not like the screens, tape them over or put the controller in your pocket, and hunt by ear. Most XP users hunt by ear anyway. You can go down nostalgia road if you want, but personally I have done it many times, and reality never measures up to memory when it comes to comparing the old to the new.

Steve, the processed digital audio signal is not as informative as the analog unprocessed signal. That's where the true value of nuance would really be meaningful.

g

2 hours ago, Gwcracker said:

Steve, the processed digital audio signal is not as informative as the analog unprocessed signal. That's where the true value of nuance would really be meaningful.

g

Yeah, I used them for decades, so I’m pretty familiar with them. The guy asked for opinions, I offered mine. Feel free to offer a differing one, but it does not change mine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gwcracker said:

All the last-generation Tesoro designs had digital audio.

• Like 2