Can You Still Buy Tesoro In 2022?

I think it began with the Lobo ST. The Cortes, deLeon, Golden, Tejon, Vaquero, Cibola, and Sandshark all have digital audio. Not sure about the Tiger Shark or Silver, never had one. Compadre was likely still all-analog.

• Like 2

On 7/1/2022 at 1:25 PM, Minton said:

Hello everyone, I'm a user of The Legend and Xp Orx. I want to do a manual and sound-only search and have some nostalgia, but I want a device that is resistant to minerals and has good discrimination, do you think it can be tejon or vanquero?

it can be any of the "single tone" tesoros!..I'm partial to the mojave,
which I believe is still analog.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

On 7/6/2022 at 3:00 PM, Gwcracker said:

Steve, the processed digital audio signal is not as informative as the analog unprocessed signal. That's where the true value of nuance would really be meaningful.

g

this is correct! nuances afforded by analog are very telling ,IF you will take the time to ''study" and learn them.
once the Tesoro mojave,and compadre's audio is "learned",those detectors become "surgical instruments"

(h.h!
j.t.

• Like 1

There was a heap of Tesoro's available on ebay, for many many months after the company folded. Stock seems to have dried up, and any that are still available the price seem to have increased by 20% or so. Maybe it's the poorer Aussie dollar but that's what I'm seeing from my end. 

Interesting about the audio. The diablo II micro max is analogue then, and the Vaquero digital, but I always thought the Vaquero was smoother. Maybe it's more filtered? Maybe it's the slightly lower tone? Maybe a combination of both. Might have to charge up some 9V's and see if they still fire up. 

• 2 months later...

Everyone here knows I'm a Tesoro fan, that being said. I think the machines you have are very capable of finding most coins, jewelry ect. But in my opinion Tesoro's have a slight edge with discrimination which leads to tonal  breaks that just can't be duplicated by most newer machines. My MK and 800 are great machines but have to much blending in tone for me. Also I've noticed that my 800 in multi will wrap and favor iron over silver. If you hunt for coins and relics and want another gun in your holster I would go with a Tejon 17.4 khz which has dual disc or a silver umax.  10.6 khz. which murders hidden silver. The audio on the cibola and the vaquero are just a little flat for me. I use my umax for cleanup and have never been let down. If you are part of the dig everything crowd I would not waste your money and stick with what you have.  The best way to figure out if you like something is to buy it. Give it a whirl You will either love them or hate them, And In the event that a Tesoro is not for you, You'll have 100 guy's who will buy it from you. As for me I will be buried with my Tesoro's.  Wish you luck 

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

I use my Lobo for a grab-and-go, turn-on-and go. No fuss and it gets the job done wherever. (It's also a loner for family.) I have 2 of them and need to sell one. Both are excellent cond. One has colored to yellow on top from sitting by florescent lights and sun, no issues, just color. 

• Like 3