Rare Summer Beach Hunt - Extended

4 hours ago, geof_junk said:

SchoolofhardNox you should change your TAG to     "SchoolofhardNox_junk"     you have my permission. 😁

Thanks, but I'll let you have that honors 😄 . I would love to change it to SchoolofhardNox_gold and silver, but so far that is harder than it sounds.

1 hour ago, Jim in ma said:

You seem to always to find your way into that silver layer!!  🎖️

Sheer sweat gets me there 😄 I was lucky to get even those silvers. I still love the target ID on the CTX and E Trac better than the Nox. I rarely use it but have never tried it on this beach, so who knows. 🥴

• Like 2

The 4th summer beach hunt is again at that same small beach. Sun was full bore but had some clouds roll in from time to time. I figured I’d spend a good chunk of the day getting to re-learn the CTX. I forgot most of the tricks for depth on a beach and finally remembered how the menu and buttons work. 🙄 No silver or gold goodies today but did manage one decent target – a 1926 (or 5) Buffalo Nickel. I used the CTX for about 5 hours just to try and get silver, but the clad layer was dominating. The GPX was used in the wet sand for about 3 hours and scored the deep Buffalo nickel. Lot of digging, a lot of coins but no shiny today. If I get out, Maybe taking the EQ in the water and fight them waves a bit. 🏊‍♂️

P7230243.JPG

P7230244.JPG

P7230245.JPG

P7230246.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 2

21 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

High score for quantity !

You're slayin' that beach 🖖

Quantity hurts.... 😄 That beach is spankin' me pretty good 🤕

18 hours ago, geof_junk said:

Really enjoyed the reject targets in you photos. By the way those zinc coins should of been included in the junk collection 😁

On days like that, zinc pennies may be the high point of the hunt. 😲 But I always have the urge to MELT THEM ☺️

• Haha 4

How deep do you have to dig to retrieve some of this stuff? 🤪 I'm more of a pillager than a treasure hunter. Maybe I'll get that way, I have already stolen your presentation style 🤔 Anzio beach comes to mind... The craters... 😀

• Like 1

All that digging you did even made my arms hurt :0

At least theres some coins in the mix. Amazing whats below our feet.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

A zincoln is ALL I find sometimes.......🙄 

A clad quarter can be a big bonus.🤩

I hear ya 🙄 When you start getting excited for clad quarters it's time to drop the machine and just go swimming.

11 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

How deep do you have to dig to retrieve some of this stuff? 🤪 I'm more of a pillager than a treasure hunter. Maybe I'll get that way, I have already stolen your presentation style 🤔 Anzio beach comes to mind... The craters... 😀

This hunt was fairly shallow, mostly in the 6-12" range. A few targets a bit deeper.  I like getting stuff deep. That way I can tell if the beach has potential or not. If I can hit silver at 12+", I will be returning there a lot.

9 hours ago, kac said:

All that digging you did even made my arms hurt :0

At least theres some coins in the mix. Amazing whats below our feet.

I'm actually getting used too the digging and even swinging that tank of a machine 😄 As long as the beach feeds me coins, I'll stay. If it's all small trash, I would leave. There is so much trash that people throw (or bury) on our beaches.  Why can't they just comply and lose coins and expensive jewelry????? 🤗

• Haha 4