Rare Summer Beach Hunt - Extended

Nice work as usual Nox..always impressed with the amount of targets you dig and your beautiful organized arrangements of the finds...I was wondering what your stocking drawer looks like ?  🙂

Strick 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, strick said:

Nice work as usual Nox..always impressed with the amount of targets you dig and your beautiful organized arrangements of the finds...I was wondering what your stocking drawer looks like ?  🙂

Strick 

The arrangements kill me more than the hunt 😄 I like arranging them and labeling them with what detector I used, in order to see the long term trend on each beach. I also keep all the junk targets in separate boxes by beach as well. That way with just a glance I can tell what beach works well for me as far as old coins and relics goes. My stocking drawer looks like spaghetti 😳

• Like 4

The 5th summer beach hunt was at a small beach near the last beach I was at. This hunt was odd for sure. These beaches are in an industrial area and near a former military base. So, the amount of junk and demolished building debris is plentiful and so were the bon fires from the looks of the melted aluminum. If you’ve never had the privilege of hunting a bon fire beach, you are missing out. 🙄 Since I’ve pulled the CTX out of retirement to replace the Equinox, I always start with it at a new location or if the tide is at high tide.  I planned on using the GPX later on. Almost no one on this beach so I could go anywhere I wanted. This is also a popular fishing beach at one time. I realized fairly early on that this beach does not have much potential for silver. It’s just too young and unused. But I was there for the day, so I decided why not get some lead for my collection. I found the lead line and had quite a few big sinkers come out. Coins were all over the beach, so anywhere I went I could cherry pick the high conductors. The odd find of the day was the second time I found a discarded letter from a girl’s diary. If you have teenage daughters, remember to tell them they do not need validation from the rest of the world or social media…enough said on that. No silver or gold but I did find 3 new vehicles to pay excise tax on. Also found a cool looking knife (blade opened). So, what happened to using the GPX on the hunt later on. Well…… I’ve been praising the GPX for its durability a lot recently and when I went to fire it up, I got nothing. I figured it was the power cable, but the spare didn’t work either. Yep dead.  😔 If it was the battery or if the unit is fried, I did not want to think of the expense while driving home for 2 hours. Lucky for me, after testing everything on my spare unit and battery, it actually was the 12 ½ inch Detech DD coil. It is my favorite coil, and I can’t complain on how much use it has gotten on the beaches and fields. So, I guess I can still praise the durability of the GPX. 😆 It was a beautiful day out enjoying the greatest hobby in the world!!! Have fun everyone and get out digging if you can.

P7290243.JPG

P7290244.JPG

P7290245.JPG

P7290246.JPG

• Like 6
  • Oh my! 1

Haha, I haven't been to a bonfire beach, but I have hunted burned house sites and am very familiar with molten aluminum, great sounding stuff! 🙄

As usual great hunt with lots of digging. The knife looks new. 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

Haha, I haven't been to a bonfire beach, but I have hunted burned house sites and am very familiar with molten aluminum, great sounding stuff! 🙄

As usual great hunt with lots of digging. The knife looks new. 👍

You still reading my boring beach hunts?  😄 Yeah, that aluminum can read any number you want (and don't want). The knife is very new, maybe just a good cleaning and it should be good. The cars were new as well.

13 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

You still reading my boring beach hunts?  😄 Yeah, that aluminum can read any number you want (and don't want). The knife is very new, maybe just a good cleaning and it should be good. The cars were new as well.

Heh, I've gotten so bored with my finds I'm treating Matchbox cars like vintage relics, posting dates and such. Your hunts show me all I'm missing 😏 I really admire your organization of finds and persistence, and very often you dig things I can only dream of finding!

Any Hallmark on that knife? 🤣 Seriously, if it's made in the USA it could be worth something, or not... 🤔

Honestly I'm glad anyone else on the forum is posting hunts and stories. I love new detectors but it always devolves. 🙄 I miss @dogodog@NCtoad, @ROCKINGCM, and many others. I'm wondering if the usual summer beach/relic hunters are not finding much? Like me? 😅

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Heh, I've gotten so bored with my finds I'm treating Matchbox cars like vintage relics, posting dates and such. Your hunts show me all I'm missing 😏 I really admire your organization of finds and persistence, and very often you dig things I can only dream of finding!

Any Hallmark on that knife? 🤣 Seriously, if it's made in the USA it could be worth something, or not... 🤔

Honestly I'm glad anyone else on the forum is posting hunts and stories. I love new detectors but it always devolves. 🙄 I miss @dogodog@NCtoad, @ROCKINGCM, and many others. I'm wondering if the usual summer beach/relic hunters are not finding much? Like me? 😅

The knife is marked - wartech - also marked China. Pretty heavy duty though. My best find that day 😄 Most of the beach hunters I run into are private people and don't want to show their finds. I'm sure they are out in full force hunting in the water. Not showing their finds keeps some of the competition at bay. I'm scaring away more people than they are, by showing my trash. 😉 They owe me for that. I really enjoy relic hunting and spent at least 10 years doing it prior to switching to beaches. Relic hunting is best done by 2 people for safety and enjoyment, while I can do beach hunting by myself on my schedule.

• Like 1

Nox I’m gonna start calling you Badger if you don’t mind...you surely dig like one... very impressive as usual... 

strick

• Like 2

1 hour ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Most of the beach hunters I run into are private people and don't want to show their finds.

True, and I probably made some others not follow where I go 🤣

Oh well, I enjoy your posts and hope they continue. 👍

With a bit of work I may get some new permissions, travel is sparse this year, and I pretty much sacked the campgrounds I've been to already. If it wasn't for new clearing at one place my finds would have been pretty lean. 😀

Thanks!

1 minute ago, strick said:

Nox I’m gonna start calling you Badger if you don’t mind...you surely dig like one... very impressive as usual... 

strick

I will out dig that badger  🤬 Well maybe not 😄 He even has better facial markings than I have too. I more like badger wanna be. Maybe I can have one as a pet and bring him to the beach with me 🤗 I enjoy the digs, not so much the next day though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3