Rare Summer Beach Hunt - Extended

1 minute ago, F350Platinum said:

True, and I probably made some others not follow where I go 🤣

Oh well, I enjoy your posts and hope they continue. 👍

With a bit of work I may get some new permissions, travel is sparse this year, and I pretty much sacked the campgrounds I've been to already. If it wasn't for new clearing at one place my finds would have been pretty lean. 😀

Thanks!

Thanks!! I hope you can get some place to dig. Sometimes the most unlikely places produce some good finds. River banks are one such place. A buddy of mine and his friend are doing a river down state from me and they stumbled on to a swimming area. barber, seated and walking liberty haves have surfaced along with over 35 other silvers, Indians etc. Any field will do if you can get permission.

• Like 3

On 7/23/2022 at 3:49 PM, schoolofhardNox said:

The 4th summer beach hunt is again at that same small beach. Sun was full bore but had some clouds roll in from time to time. I figured I’d spend a good chunk of the day getting to re-learn the CTX. I forgot most of the tricks for depth on a beach and finally remembered how the menu and buttons work. 🙄 No silver or gold goodies today but did manage one decent target – a 1926 (or 5) Buffalo Nickel. I used the CTX for about 5 hours just to try and get silver, but the clad layer was dominating. The GPX was used in the wet sand for about 3 hours and scored the deep Buffalo nickel. Lot of digging, a lot of coins but no shiny today. If I get out, Maybe taking the EQ in the water and fight them waves a bit. 🏊‍♂️

P7230243.JPG

P7230244.JPG

P7230245.JPG

P7230246.JPG

Wow you really are putting in some time on this beach!

What are you using for a scoop?

On 7/30/2022 at 1:17 PM, Bedrocker said:

Wow you really are putting in some time on this beach!

What are you using for a scoop?

I got no other places to go 😄 No scoop on these hunts. They are all dry sand and wet slope hunts. I use a short handle spade for most of my hunting. For the rare water hunts I have an Xtreme scoop. Very durable scoop.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2022 at 6:02 PM, F350Platinum said:

Heh, I've gotten so bored with my finds I'm treating Matchbox cars like vintage relics, posting dates and such. Your hunts show me all I'm missing 😏 I really admire your organization of finds and persistence, and very often you dig things I can only dream of finding!

Any Hallmark on that knife? 🤣 Seriously, if it's made in the USA it could be worth something, or not... 🤔

Honestly I'm glad anyone else on the forum is posting hunts and stories. I love new detectors but it always devolves. 🙄 I miss @dogodog@NCtoad, @ROCKINGCM, and many others. I'm wondering if the usual summer beach/relic hunters are not finding much? Like me? 😅

I’m still around and still detecting but not finding much to post about.  I’ve gotten a few silver coins over the past few weeks but nothing special just mercs and a war nickel.  It’s been so hot that getting out is more of a chore than fun.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NCtoad said:

I’m still around and still detecting but not finding much to post about.

Haha, yeah, went out yesterday in the morning and all I got was 5 and 3/4 cents and half a 1920s silver ring. 🤣 I'm pretty much living vicariously by this gentleman 😁