Beach Boy Goes Relic Hunting..

Nice hunting even though it is your backyard.

I always enjoy going around my grandmothers yard, because of the history in it, and because you never know what to expect when you get a signal.

Good luck on your next hunt!

• Like 2

Beach Boy did good in his yahd !👍

Too bad about the manual directives........

I say let 'er rip and find yer gold hoard !

We don't need no stinkin' manuals anyway !🤪

• Haha 2

Nice hunt Erik! Like the old fancy plate and buckle, and you killed it on the coins. 👍 Glad you dusted off the Equinox, was it the 6" round coil? Quite a backyard you have. Any idea what the plated rectangular object is? Looks like a lighter to me. 🤔 Also, is the 1912 penny a "Bertie"? Believe it or not I dug a 1907 here. 😀20210726_184009.thumb.jpg.15a3d125369e40ca1b7f5ae107010060.jpg

My first hunts were in my backyard, imagine my surprise when I found old Tombac and brass buttons from colonial times, and a musket ball or two. That is what got me hooked on detecting, relic hunting in particular. If I could somehow tune out bullets, I could hunt the area I've used as a pistol and rifle range, but I wouldn't find much because bullets often are the same tones and IDs as many great relics and coins. 😵 If it was just iron I would definitely use the Deus. 🤣

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Againstmywill said:

It looks to be the head of a razor (left side under the glasses) and a belt buckle (bottom).

Thanks! I was asking about the rounded rectangular object on the top right near the dog tag. My bad should have been more specific. 🙂

2 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks! I was asking about the rounded rectangular object on the top right near the dog tag. My bad should have been more specific. 🙂

That's a piece of lead from Oak Island that originated from the same mine as the lead cross. It could also be a Templar marker that was found nestled between the rocks on the stone path in the swamp. These guesses, of course, are complete conjecture on my part. 😁

• Haha 4

Great finds, Erik! Well done!

I couldn't find anything in the manual that advised against searching your yard. I would absolutely recommend the D2 in Relic mode in your yard and would go back over it just to see, regardless of what might be in the manual. You may experience some EMI issues (or not) but give it a try. It won't hurt the detector, just be careful when digging, there may be underground cables that you don't want to cut. You might want to contact your gas, phone, cable, and electric utilities companies because they will usually mark where their lines are so you can avoid them when digging.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I was asking about the rounded rectangular object on the top right near the dog tag

It's the lid of a little metal box.. can't find the bottom part.. 

• Like 2