Beach Boy Goes Relic Hunting..

14 hours ago, Erik Oostra said:

really would’ve liked to use the Deus II for this hunt but unfortunately the manual tells me not to use the detector in my own backyard..

:laugh:

186162343_SmartSelect_20220703-151513_AdobeAcrobat.thumb.jpg.94eb7957227f990476e4a0ca0f5f0a8c.jpg

Cheeky.  Just tells you not to begin practice there.  Now that you've cleared the junk out with the Nox you can use Deus 2 to find the REAL treasure.🤣🤣🤣

BTW How goes it with the WS6 repair/replacement?

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Cheeky.

That was indeed written with my tongue planted firmly in my cheek.. I just couldn't resist.. I had a feeling it would probably get lost in translation.. people often don't get my sense of humour (sarcasm).. Of course I'll be using the Deus II to hunt my own backyard and you're spot on, now the yard is cleared it's time to unleash the Relic Monster.. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Also, is the 1912 penny a "Bertie"?

It's a "Georgie".. I've just finished polishing the backyard pennies.. they came up nicely, as did the 'silver' heart..

Backyard1.jpg

Backyard.jpg

• Like 6

18 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Also, is the 1912 penny a "Bertie"? Believe it or not I dug a 1907 here. 😀

I did find a 'Bertie' a while ago at Geoffrey Bay.. I forgot all about it until you mentioned yours.. It's a 1903 'Bertie'.. It's not in as good a condition as yours but that's the big disadvantage of hunting along the coast.. Although I'm surprised at how great mine looks considering the amount of high tides it's been through before I found it.. 

For some reason it appears silvery looking on the photo, in real life it's copper.. 

Bertie -.jpg

Bertie --.jpg

• Like 5

Took the Deus II for an outing in my backyard to see if it could find anything that the Equinox left behind.. This is yesterday's haul.. I ended up running the thing in Park Mode as Relic Mode just about drove me nuts.. seems like every inch of backyard has some sort of metal in it.. Park worked well and the Deus sniffed out a few 'treasures'.. 

My house is circled.. 

Backyard.jpg

Finds.jpg

Ring.jpg

Pendant.jpg

• Like 6

Nice relics again Erik! 👍

Very curious handmade ring and a nice sacred heart medallion. Looks like you got everything but the kitchen sink 🙄

Is this home in your history? It would be cool to find one of your old toys. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

Is this home in your history?

Unfortunately not, although I've lived here for 12 years.. I moved here from Egypt (Sinai) when I got custody of my son, it seemed like a great place for a kid to grow up.. I still find some of his toys, and of the various kids who've lived here before.. 

Just over the ridge in my backyard (the bright sunlight in the videos) lays Alma Bay.. This is my home bay.. Behind the houses across the street from my house is all National Park, as is the bush surrounding Arcadia village.. The bay and sea areas on the picture are either Marine Park or Green Zones.. All in all there's not much wriggle room to wave a detector about.. Still, I can go wild in my own backyard! 

• Like 5

I've circled my house just in case you're coming over for a hunt.. Should be easy to find.. All very welcome.. 😁

1.jpg

• Like 5

I've worked out that relic hunting requires much more digging than beach hunting.. So I've brought in some bigger/better tools.. 🤨 This way I'll be a able to dig deeper into history.. 

1-.jpg

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Erik Oostra said:

This way I'll be a able to dig deeper into history.

From the looks of it your not going to deep, I think it's good to stay close to the top of the ground. That way you only find some things that are only a century old or less.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Haha 2