Hot And Dry

I have not detected in probably a month. The ground is like concrete here with a drought going on. Most days mid-90's to 100+ and no rain for like a month. Add no real chances of rain for the next 10 days either. Yards are turning brown quick now if not watered. Driest I've seen it in a very long time. It went from great ground conditions to horrible really fast. I would not doubt if it was not or very close to the hottest and driest June on record here in Arkansas.   

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Hope you get some rain soon! 👍🙂 I know when we get droughts here in VA the ground literally turns to concrete. We were dry for almost a week, but just got a half inch of rain today.

• Like 1

Same over her in W Tn, longbow. I believe I heard we had the driest June on record with about 1" of rain early in June and nothing since nor in sight. HH jim tn

Hope you get some rain soon, not a flood, not just a sprinkle, but a slow soaking rain that lasts for all day.

We also have been missed by the rain here too, but a lot of cities around us have been given a lot of it this past month.

This is why they call it weather, because nobody controls it and you don't mess with Mother Nature.

8 hours ago, longbow62 said:

100 degrees next 3 days, but 50% chance of rain Saturday. It's red clay in most places I dig. I would need to rent a jack hammer to dig right now.

I grew up in Atlanta Georgia and "Georgia red clay" was the primary dirt almost everywhere, even when it rains it take a good while for the clay down deep to absorb any of that rain if at all, but on the other hand it also takes a good while for the deep clay to dry out completely, either way it's always a mess digging in it at some point or the other, as kids the red stains on the knees and seat of our blue jeans would never be gone completely!!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, longbow62 said:

100 degrees next 3 days, but 50% chance of rain Saturday.

I woke up the next day and just what do you think it was doing outside.

Yes it was raining, and it has rained all day and is still raining at 2am. Those so called weather men need to go back to school to learn how to predict the weather as they said it was going to be hot and dry until Sunday.

Glad we got the rain and don't get me wrong about that because we really need it.

Good luck and I hope that it gets cooler and wetter for you soon.

• Like 1