Detecting Doodads

On June 21 I ordered a locking shoe for my Deus 2 and I paid extra for 2 day shipping.  It has now been 2 weeks and I still have not received the item.  I have sent them 2 messages and haven’t received any response.  Has anyone else had a problem receiving their order from detecting doodads?  At this point I am going to contact them through PayPal and request a refund.  I don’t know what is going on with them, but their customer service stinks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh my! 1

I posted the same thing regarding my order on June 14. It took 3 emails to finally get a response. That being said I still have not received my item nor have I received any confirmation of when it will be shipped etc. From the little bit of research I could do on other forums he is not a good responder nor does he seem to give two sh!ts about the customer. At this point I've moved on from my item (charging clip) and if it comes great and if it doesn't I'm only out $32. It's too bad he doesn't get the customer service part of taking other peoples money. I hope things turn out better for you. 

• Oh my! 1

Jeez...I've ordered and payed right now my clip🤐...I just hope they improved meanwhile cause this thing is costing me almost 50bucks due to expensive shipping costs.

1 hour ago, JoeInMemphis said:

I wanted a spare clip for charging the coil, I was really liking the one with the digital voltage on it, but you guys have talked to me out of that, I ordered the standard one. Thank you for saving me the hassle!

I ordered & received two of the new style digital voltage coil charging clips for the Deus.----Took a little longer than I expected to receive them but they are great.

• Like 3

Finally!!  PayPal contacted Detecting DooDads yesterday, and today I got a tracking number from them.  So I should be getting it soon.  I don’t think I will be ordering anything else from them.

• Like 1

"Them" is a one-guy operation, not Kellyco, so folks should set their expectations accordingly oturnaround time.  On the flip side, if you do decide to embark on a single-handed business model, this thread is a good case study of how you can quickly lose sales simply because you are not communicating well with existing and potential customers.

• Like 3

If he had just responded to my inquiry messages, explaining that he was behind on orders, or on vacation, or feeling under the weather or any other reasonable explanation, and that my order was still coming, I would have been fine with that.  But to just ignore me was not OK.   I felt that my only recourse was to go through PayPal and start a claim with them. And that’s when I finally got a response from him with tracking information.

• Like 2