Detecting Doodads

I finally got my tracking number late last night as well. Single man operation is not an excuse. You offer things for sale and encourage your customers by charging for expedited shipping you have no leg to stand on.

Email works all over the world now and even at night and on weekends. :wink:

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Skate said:

I finally got my tracking number late last night as well. Single man operation is not an excuse. You offer things for sale and encourage your customers by charging for expedited shipping you have no leg to stand on.

Email works all over the world now and even at night and on weekends. :wink:

To be clear, never said it was an excuse, I wanted to make sure people knew "them" was a one guy operation to put order fulfillment times in perspective.  I stated clearly in my post that even one person operations need to at least communicate early and often what is going on or lose sales, totally agree on that point. 

That means when you hang up a shingle as a business run by one person or with 1000 employees you had better at least be answering customer emails quickly whether you are on vacation, sick, or whatever.  Especially true for one person ops when quick turnarounds are difficult if product demand surges or when you're sick, on vacation etc.  All the more reason to, if anything, communicate MORE frequently than bigger businesses because you will more likely be in a situation where your ability to supply product doesn't meet the expectations of those used to dealing with bigger operations.

We have a few one guy business that regularly advertise and post in this forum and who have excellent customer focus and comms.  It can be done by one person, provided you are committed to the customer and, thereby, commited to the success of your business.

• Like 2

I purchased a coil ear stiffener for the Equinox from Doodads and after a few months' time it broke. I sent a nice email to Don with a picture of the broken stiffener. He said... "I sure will take care of you with the warranty."

I never received another replacement even after sending a couple more emails several weeks apart politely asking if it was going to be sent... Yes or No?.

No reply from him.

It's not the money but the poor business practice.

End of story and future Doodad purchases.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'm quite happy with the red clip for the remote...Actually I want another one for the original shaft cause if in the future I want to search on the wet instead to dive, I want to leave on the Anderson shaft the clip I'm using.

I think "Doodads" needs just an hand for order's dispatching and customer's care and hope for them to improve.

Will be a shame for a small business to close operations for easily solvable troubles.

That red clip gives me peace of mind underwater, without being scared to lose the remote💀.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 12:16 AM, Steelheader said:

Finally!!  PayPal contacted Detecting DooDads yesterday, and today I got a tracking number from them.  So I should be getting it soon.  I don’t think I will be ordering anything else from them.

No more DooDads for me. My charging clip came apart first charge not to mention the time frame of waiting. Buyer beware.

On 7/12/2022 at 1:40 PM, okara gold said:

I purchased a coil ear stiffener for the Equinox from Doodads and after a few months' time it broke. I sent a nice email to Don with a picture of the broken stiffener

The infill plastic he uses is JUNK! 

1 hour ago, Carolina said:

No more DooDads for me. My charging clip came apart first charge not to mention the time frame of waiting. Buyer beware.

I sent these pictures to the owner who was surprised and promised me another one. Never received it.

doodad1.jpeg

doodad 2.jpeg

31 minutes ago, okara gold said:

I sent these pictures to the owner who was surprised and promised me another one. Never received it.

You don't want another one. His doodad helped break my coil ear. SunRay have the best quality stiffeners by far. 

• Like 1